DAYS: Actor Returns!

• Members

I don't think it's impossible, but for me, it would be in very poor taste. PM is an old woman who has been with the show for 30+ years. If she chooses to retire and wants them to retire Caroline with a proper send-off, then that's fine (and they should publicize that decision), but killing her under any other circumstances while PM is still alive just seems awful to me. They still use her often enough -- she appeared four times in May! -- and give her meaty scenes, not just standing in the background and ushering the kids offscreen. I think it would be the absolute wrong tone for the 50th anniversary.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Grandpa Shawn outlasted Colin by several years. Colin was killed in like 2003, then reappeared on Melaswen, then vanished. Shawn stuck around until 2007 or 2008 -- whenever they all schlepped to Ireland to find Colleen Brady, and Ava Vitale messed with the plane on the way back so that it crashed. I know Kayla was on the show when he died.

• Members

Geez I combined Colin and Colleen. I was thinking about how much Xander reminded me of Colin just when I was commenting. That retcon was the one where John became 1/2 Brady, 1/2 DiMera, right? Both were about insta- characters(Colin and Colleen).

Sorry about that.

• Members

No worries. It's all such a mess! But yeah, that was the "vendetta" storyline where they said John was Ryan Brady, son of Colleen and Santo, which they undid with zero fanfare a few years later.

You're so right about Xander/Colin. And the Colin stuff never amounted to anything. I wonder what the hell the plan was there.

• Members

Absolutely. I think that was the #1 motivation. Neither MarDar nor TomSell seemed particularly at-ease with the idea of John as a Brady/DiMera; MarDar crammed in one tiny plot point about it toward the end of their run, but it was almost universally ignored after John's 2011 return. I'm not surprised it got undone, but it was undone in such a hilariously offhand way -- Hope just told Brady that John had sent her an e-mail that he'd found out it was all a lie. OH OKAY.

Archived