DAYS: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Preach Cheap!

Carrie should have stuck around. I agree with Tylerbo that Carrie should have been the new Marlena.

Hello, Carrie/Rafe = Marlena/Roman. What they tried and failed with Sami and Rafe. Sami worked with Lucas and I would have been fine with Sami and EJ if they never had that ... blight on their history. I could never get past it and what they did to each other. It all could have been so much more than it was, with real writers. You can't keep switching writers every few years.

DAYS writers ... see ... it's really not that hard ...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cheap, that Kate-versus-Carrie idea is terrific.

It's amazing to me how much more I enjoy Melanie when we get to see her with people her age in a supporting role. It was like this was the episode where they remembered they haven't shown her with Abigail, Sonny, or Chad at all and decided to get it all done at once. I was sort of dying at that insane scene where they all had to explain how they're connected, which of course led to "Your father is my doctor?!"

I also love Marlena's indignation at being KIDNAPPED AND FLOWN TO ANOTHER COUNTRY, as opposed to being freaked out or even trying to help herself. Like, "Yeah, this happens often enough. Just go with it."

All that said, are there even any stories on this show right now? All this (non-)drama over Ben legally changing his name. Who cares?

• Members

So stating a hard fact is hating on someone or even having a difference of opinion is "hating" on someone..Rather childish me thinks..She is an old looking 50 year old..bottom line..in another storyline she would be fine but she is just not an attractive woman IMO and certainly a hunk like JJ on or off the screen having sex with her more than once is not realistic. IMO

• Members

How is that a "hard fact"? LMAO. It's called YOUR OPINION. It's not a fact. She's not ugly or unattractive. I don't think she is and many would disagree. Sigh.

Anyway ...

LOOOOVE Stefano and Marlena! THIS is what I want to see. And FLASHBACKS! Real, true flashbacks! Some of the better things I've seen lately just can't be Tomsell, even though I know the show shoots sixteen years in advance.

• Members

Okay..when they show a close-up really look will you please??? Marlena is much older and her skin is flawless..this Eve looks like she has been out on a drunk for weeks..Please really look...I like her acting but to put her with a teen? Otherwise I would not have said a thing...

• Members

Thanks for posting the gifs, Cheap!

As I live and breath, I never thought I'd ever see them re-air that clip. That actual moment, that wonderfully cheesy moment, when Marlena morphed into the demon and chucked Stefano around. Wow!

My one gripe is that I wish they'd re-air all the standard definition clips in their original 4x3 airing, rather than zooming in to fill the HD 16x9 space. Makes the flashbacks grainy, not as clear, and cuts off the top and bottom.

I also LOVED that they showed clips from The Queen of the Night, when he took her through her bedroom armoire. They even kept the original background music intact. Looking forward to seeing more of this (I'm optimistically hoping!) as we get closer to the 50th!

• Members

Thanks!

I have more questions for anyone that can answer. Exactly how did Marlena get possessed by the devil? Did the audience see it happen or did she just start acting weird and then we learned later? Why was she chosen and exactly how long was she under demonic control? Did anyone try to take precautions so that it doesnt happen again? I dont see her go to church or pray the rosary

Archived