NBC Reportedly Wanted to Replace Days of Our Lives With a Talk Show

• Members

I viewed the amc and oltl online ventures as a good first attempt...the #s were there..just not he money nor the right production company.

This could be why corday was trying to start an online production company.. so that days could be seen online...maybe?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both were far better online than when they were on ABC at the time of their demise. It's subjective and your opinion. IMO, they were a huge step up.

At least those who wanted them to succeed on the internet cared enough to try. Circumstances and money ... well ... and I still think ABC did whatever they could to try and kill them.

• Members

Not to be rude but you can take everything I say here as my opinion unless I'm stating a fact, I got over adding IMO to the end of my sentences in 2011. And those shows were better but honestly, 3 actors in front of a black drop cloth reciting informercial ad dialogue would have been than what ABC was serving on those shows at the end of their network runs. Soap fans have become conditioned to accept marginal improves as some sort of saving grace or a form of epic storytelling. We lose our minds when a single scene is better than the last because it's all been so consistently bad for so long. So yeah, that's what the PP versions of those shows were, better but they were far from good or progressive or sustainable.

And to be on topic unless a network can bring on talent that isn't someone who's worked on soaps for the last 30 years I hope there is never another new soap opera on TV.

• Members

Point understood. And I [sadly to some degree, because I'd love new soaps that are actual soaps and have great writing and compelling acting and storylines ...] agree with your last sentence too. I'm sick to death of the shifting of HW's and EP's who just absolutely suck.

And again, whether they were progressive or sustainable, we'll never know. I know it's your opinion, and I disagree with it.

Not this one, thank you.

Archived