GH: November 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ya know, despite the lack of an important audience I actually enjoyed Franco spilling all the tea yesterday. I found RH much more enjoyable playing scorned and smug yesterday than I have most of his run as FrankenTodd.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm enjoying Stafford as batshit crazy Nina. Whereas with Phyliss no one was allowed to call her out on being a nut job, it's common knowledge the bitch is coocoo. It also helps that it seems Stafford is having fun with the role, scenery be damned.

• Members

Lol, Ant!

See, the fact that FankenTodd was having so much fun bugged me. Instead of playing the betrayed lover, I felt this was FrankenTodd's excuse to revert back to having fun, his old self. He was completely remorseless and that didn't work for me. Roger's stand up also bugged me.

As for Staff, I can't be objective if I tried. I loathe that woman more than words can say so she is forever on ff.

Thanks for the feedback :)

• Members

The problem with the whole event is it is a carbon copy of the "hell no" wedding Todd pulled back in the early 2000s. They're desperately trying to bank on RH's appeal as "Todd the mischief maker" - and viewer fatigue re: Sonny and Carly - to try and put Franco over one more time, opposite Stafford and Nina. It's so cynical.

I do think Sonny and Carly deserve what they get here, but I could give a !@#$%^&*] about Franco and nothing will ever make him work as a rootable character. As a manipulative psychopath, though? Of course he'd do this.

• Members

The audience should be straddling the fence here between feeling bad for the serial killer and thinking Carly does not deserve this. That's not possible because of the route they've taken, IMHO. It was to showcase Howarth's clown act once again. FrankenTodd, THE SERIAL KILLER, was having too much fun instead of being broken hearted and struggling with what he was doing to the woman he "loved", the woman that gave him a 2nd chance at life. I would have liked that much better than what Roger gave yesterday. I wanted to kick him in the throat!

The serial killer gets justice? So not the angle I was looking for!

• Members

The parts I liked most was the unflattering frames the video would pause on to show Sonny looking horrible. Franco is not important but I am curious how the show will now go about not arresting Sonny (and Carly and Duke) for the murder of AJ, who Sonny, Carly and now Morgan all forget was innocent when he was murdered for no reason by our hero.

• Members

As someone that wasn't watching when Franco was a psychotic tumor incubator I enjoyed his performance at the wedding. (I also don't watch other soaps so I don't know Todd) In fact, I tolerated Franco even though I thought he and Carly didn't belong together but I really liked him the past couple of episodes.

I like Nina. It was painful at times though when her psychosis was ramped up and she was yelling or obsessing. Yesterday though Nina was toned down and really scary. I like her better that way. I also think when Nina is with Franco the two bring out the best in each other, in some crazy way they work together. I don't know how long that can go on though. How many stories can they have where they get revenge on people?

• Members

There was never any way possible to make the larger audience feel bad for Franco. Ever. That's a joke.

Trying to make RH all emotional and weepy? Give me a break! Nobody gives a [!@#$%^&*] about Emotional, Needy Franco! Do you honestly believe anyone out there other than ride-or-die Roger Howarth fans is going to respond to watching Franco piss and moan and cry his eyes out over his "love" for Carly in the single most unpopular couple on the show? It would have been disgusting and so self-serving. No one cares about them or him! They finally realized that and that their only (misguided) option to try and salvage him was to camp it up.

• Members

Nina I initially found boring when all she did was hang aound Silas and Sam. That is one dull couple played by two no-energy actors , When she had the scene with Donna Mills a week or so back I really liked her, but now that she is just discussing babies I have to return her to FF. This show has a baby obsession and no offense to babies, but their stories are all alike.

Roger Howarth makes me angry. He truly gets a negative reaction out of me with his obnoxiousness on the screen.

• Members

I think that is the hardest thing about all of this with Sonny. The fact that, once again, Carly and others are rallying to enable him. Nothing Sonny gives or has ever done on the show warrants this, so his enablers just look stupid!

I just hope they are not using this as an excuse to write Michael out. Once a character turns their back on everyone, the exit is not far behind.

Archived