Michael Logan's Twitter Rant? About MAB?

• Members

The thing is Gina Tognoni said everyone is happy with Jill and Melody Thomas Scott loves her. Jill is good to some people. Jess Walton is much happier she hated MAB and a big reason she quit y and r and Eileen Davidson didn't really chat about how much she hated working with MAB. Eileen complained to Sony about her saying she was an awful EP. Maria took 5 to 6 vacations in one year it didn't seem like she was doing her job. Maria couldn't wipe Jill's resume and shoes in this biz. JFP is from New York City she could give a flying F@@k about her. She's still employed.

Let's remember the best part of MABs tenure is when Paul Rauch was co exec producer but when he left it went really bad.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lightfoot is an idiot. But this quote from MAB seems spot on to me:

Arena-Bell concluded, Sony breached the Bell familys contract and seized creative control from the people for whom Y and R was not just some random show it was a family business and a fathers legacy. Now they are making all the classic mistakes that other soaps have made out of desperation when they fear the end is near. Constantly reinventing the wheel, stunt driven storytelling and continual heads rolling on the writing team is a recipe for disaster. Its the kind of decision making that took down all those other greatly missed shows.

Regardless of her own failings, MAB echoes the complaints I've seen from many long term viewers, and I can't disagree with her assessment regarding the ABC soaps. I personally am enjoying Y&R a lot right now, but I can understand why many long term viewers don't recognize the show.

• Members

The thing is MAB acts like she was the second coming of Bill Bell when she was just awful especially her last two years. Let's remember she hired Diana DeGarmo an old American Idol in a waste of time role. Such a horrible waste of time. Shictor made me sick I felt disgusted in a way I never in my whole daytime experience felt. then all these old soap vets in horrid parts. She destroyed Maura West success on y and r by miscasting her and killing her off. Genie Francis in a beyond stupid role while Jess Walton was window dressing. The show was horribly offensive and for her to spin it like she gave us classic y and r from yesteryear is sickening. She destroyed her father in laws legacy and pissed off SONY so much they won't consider Bell influence or protégés with the show.

• Members

I find MAB"s straightforward, uncensored comments refreshing. Like her or hate her as Y&R's former HW/EP, I appreciate that she doesn't plaster on a smile while making benign and "politically correct" comments to the press about the current status of Y&R. She speaks her opinion which she's entitled to, and takes a few prisoners along the way. Angie McD. has gotten a free ride long enough. She's meddled with Y&R much more than she should have. And McD.'s spinning of Y&R's rating decline is laughable.

• Members

They did consider Kay Alden and Sally Sussman Morina. But JFP pulled something of coup and brought in her buddy Chuck Pratt, obviously fearing that either of these two strong, talented women (Alden or Sussman-Morina who had such a history with the show and with Mr. Bell) would be much tougher for her to get her way with. JFP took the easy way out for herself.

• Members

You can't be so naive as not to see when an actress or actor is "kissing up to the boss." GT has just come on to Y&R. She can be let go at the end of her first thirteen week cycle. She has to stay on the good side of JFP. Also GT would do well to confine her comments to herself, not speak for MTS or JW. So far, I find GT a one note actress in her portrayal of Phyllis. Great a dark, evil looks and actions, but that's about it.

• Members

Please - there are absolutely no truthtellers here.

Maria Arena Bell was an incompetent socialite unfit for her job who ran that show into the ground and evidently lost the Bells their last crucial link in the creative process at Y&R. Since her firing and her very public meltdown upon her removal, she has used this weird fringe website and this weird, random guy who runs it - her neighbor or something - as a vanity press to whine and gnash her teeth about the injustice of being fired and replaced with another daytime hack. All he ever does is run barely intelligible articles about how terrible JFP is and how horrible it was for his friend Maria to have been removed. These pieces make Nelson Branco's old newsletter and Jamey Giddens' raunchy themed tweets look like the height of journalism.

Make no mistake, JFP is certainly a hack and is contributing to the destruction of Y&R, and her show is deeply lousy. But Maria Bell was equally terrible in a different way and squandered the Bell legacy.

• Members

Vee we agree I can't believe it. Everything u said was right on point. If CBS let JFP go it doesnt mean MAB gets her job back.

I love Gina Tognoni in the role she has chemistry with all her actors and delivering many layers. Very impressed she is anything but one note. Fantastic addition to the show. U are right kissing JFP ass can be a good thing. We all know what happens to an enemy of JFP just ask Jackie Zeman or Robin Strasser. Never works out well.

• Members

I'm sure she is a fan, but that's irrelevant. She ran the show like someone desperate to kill it as quickly as possible, and she hastened its death dive. All the austerity measures at that show now, the cheap sets, the GH muzak Jill brought over? That's thanks to MAB. They went for someone peppy and cheap with even less connections to the Bells because of the debacle that was her run.

And the show aside, the only reason MAB is complaining and using her crazy friend's newsletter as a vanity press to weep about the fate of Y&R is because she was fired and forcibly removed from the show. She made a spectacle of herself when she was let go by the network and she's still doing that. I'm not sure she's ever been fired before.

Jill's Y&R is awful and boring, but MAB's was equally dreadful in wildly different ways. We can pick our poison, but they'll both kill the show.

• Members

It's not irrelevant AFAIC. She may have been woefully inadequate to the task of EP/HW. It doesn't make her criticism invalid. She's speaking as someone who wants the show to succeed. Just like you. The difference between you and MAB is she had the opportunity to exercise her vision. Had you been given that opportunity and failed miserably, I would still think you may have valid criticism.

• Members

No, the difference is I know I'm not trying to be the executive producer of a soap opera. Because I'd tank that job, just like she did. I know what I am qualified for, it is not that. Maria Bell still thinks she was unfairly persecuted.

Her opinion holds no value for me because we have seen what she can do given the chance, and it was terrible. She is also only crowing about the hatchet job done by her successor because it is her successor. She is capitalizing on fan sentiment for her own self-interest, and I find that transparent.

Archived