General Hospital SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Tale of Two Todds had a few fun parts, but I wasn't a fan--so that's my bias. But in the days of youtube--I just don't get this, I guess. Why watch the same writer/producing team do the same long term story that was just done less than five years ago and is ALL on youtube? That's Entertainment? Anyway, I suppose it will be some years until Steve comes back and they can fully do this, but, while soap writers have nearly all recycled elements of storylines to some extent, the cynical way this seems to be being setup *just so they will be able to do so* leaves me amazed. And more amazed that, I guess, that's what some fans want.

• Members

While I'm not a fan of the JER DAYS stuff, I actually think I would have more respect for GH to do that. At least in his first run, JER in his crazy way, remembered things like story plot points, how to pace things, etc. RC/FV's GH at the moment is just "let's throw [!@#$%^&*] at the wall and the fact that lately none of it sticks means we should just throw more out there."

• Members

JER played out every beat, usually. Often as a dragging out tactic, but still, he'd do a better job than Ron.

The show was appalingly bad and I really truly did want to enjoy it. All of this should be what the Ron stans are saying it was. It's not. The script writers need to be switched out. Guza had excellent SW's and we need them back. DAYS has some great SWs and often, IMO, save the episodes because the storylines aren't exactly much to write home about right now.

Anyway ... I felt like I was watching the last week of One Life to Live on ABC when all the villains ran amock because that's all Ron can write beside baby stories. That or connecting everyone by making them related.

The problem is, none of them will be dead. It's getting tiresome. I don't mind any of them coming in and stirring things up but let's stop with the mini arcs that lead to a death but then 6 months later it means squat. It's just wash, rinse and repeat. Except his writing is more obvious.

At least they remembered Robin. I know I was forgetting about her (I remembered her when this story started). Ugh at mime Jason.

So Robin will be presumed dead again, I presume or am I wrong? Another brilliant use of her return, I see.

I did like Lulu whacking that doctor across the face with the clipboard. LOL. At least they are writing Lulu and Maxie with some balls and not weak and pathetic, I'll give them that. I couldn't believe Nathan and Maxie were making out over Levi and Peter Sr.'s dead bodies. Lord. Whatever turns them on I guess ... I like them together I guess, but saw very little chemistry when they kissed. Zzzz. He's so boring. Nice guy but damn.

Sam and Patrick have chemistry but damn I wanted to fall asleep. I agree they are boring. But I like their chemistry.

It was nice seeing Tracy. I see Michael was in his usual tight t-shirt. God. I'm glad for the long Puke break but I want him back to finish out this crap. I guess they had to fill Elliot's episode guarantee.

Enjoyed Dr. O plugging Victor. I really don't give two shits about Det. Robocop's parentage. It's Rex all over again, except he's learning to act on-screen.

It's been really nice not seeing Nina so much but it's typical Ron though. We'll see her shoved down our throats again after Villain Hospital ends. Even though the show is a hot, campy mess, it's a lot better of a show when Nina, Silas, Kaka, Franco, Sabrina etc. aren't on. And I'm sure not missing Liz and Britt being wasted on Nikolas. It's not about hating new characters because they're new, it's because they're written badly and shoved down our throats 4 days a week the month they start ...

• Members

I think the idea is that it gives them the option of keeping both actors. However, I'm not sure this device is needed anymore. Not after SJB played two different characters and they showed 4 different Carly's in one episode. Then there's recasting the OLTL actors/characters as new GH characters. It's all just a wink and a nudge at this point.

That felt like a Son's of Anarchy rip off. Jax and Tara had sex over a stalker's body.

• Members

Yesterday was much better than Monday [altho I'm not sure how much this says].

Why should I care that Stavsh!t and Victor are "dead" when they will be back in 3 months tops?

Anna just looks more ridiculous with each passing eppy. She has been waiting for O to cross the line so she can put her away? Huh? I guess kidnapping, attempted murder and baby stealing doesn't do it for you? Anna is the one who swapped freedom for those damn traveling embryos (are they on contract).

Woodpile and Maxie are the worst. Woodpile!!!!! Sigh sad.pngsad.pngsad.png I could attach my car and jumper cables to his tongue and still get nothing! Hasn't improved one damn bit! And now the audience has to wonder who this guy's father is? I DON'T [!@#$%^&*] CARE!!!!!

Michael and Tracy were in this eppy because why? Its always good to balance the show, but they just seemed like a sore thumb.

Patty and Sam?! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Forced crap!

I really see no need to continue to bring McDullough back.

Archived