ALL: Last decent year for your fave soaps?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched ATWT ´til the very end but in hindsight I would say the last good year was probably 2002 or 2003. I love a lot of Hogan Sheffers work but after a few years he started to lose it. He introduced too many recasts. Hunt Block was an amazing recast (never saw the original though) and so was Cady McClain to a lesser extent. But Grayson McCough, Mark Collier and especially Roger Howarth were not good. 2003 was a messy year and Sheffer went too far with a lot of things, especially personality transplants.

The last decent year.. 2005 was horrible, but 2006 was better. 2007 and 2008 were horrible, 2009 was a step up (especially the second half). I really can't say.

• Members

I'd agree that if we're saying decent, last year was quite beautiful on Days. It began with Brady and Kristen being together and upsetting his family and ended with Nick's "death" and Kristen drugging Eric. I thought 2013 was amazing except for Dannifer, but we forget every AMAZING year of a soap always has one really irritating character/running thread.

Before that, I loved the baby switch year but that wasn't an entire year. I'd probably go with 2003 as well, because all of that leading up to the Salem Stalker was great, it's just the resolution in 2004 that was WTF.

Archived