The Gina Tognoni Interview (All About Playing Phyllis)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amazing interview. She is such a smart cookie this girl what I love is she wasn't handed this role she had to earn it. She gave a very diplomatic answer to her last run on OLTL it stunk and Kelly's return was just horrible. To me Kelly is too weak a character for an actress like Gina to play now. Once she had a taste of dinahmite it was hard to go back. She hadnt played Kelly in like 8 years.

• Members

The problem wasn't Kelly, Heather Tom proved that, the problem was that Ron Carlivati didn't have any interest in the character and it showed in the writing. Same reason Tom Degnan's Joey didn't work, not because he was bad or Joey didn't fit in the canvas, but Joey was only brought on to prop his pets of Cutter and Audrey. When Carlivati isn't invested in a character it is incredibly obvious. Kelly never had a chance.

• Members

Hey I love Ron carlivati but I am not to say he has his faults like other writers. The Kelly return was just horrible. I didn't feel the old Cramer magic, she stunk with the new Joey who was awful btw and they didn't seem to know what to do with her. I will say this I think Ron did a horrible job with her return.

Archived