Favorite moments/clips from opening credits

All My Shadows

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the barely concealed anger and "why is that camera on me?" look on Phylicia Rashad's face in the first season Cosby Show intro. Someone must have told her, because she's happy, peppy, fun fun fun in all the other intros, but the first one is the one that seemed most like Claire to me.

I know the season 5 intro was hated but I always enjoy it, even if it wasn't the best idea for a full season. It reminds me of The Simpsons.

• Members

Mackenzie Phillips grooving the [!@#$%^&*] out of those bell bottoms.

Snyder's tool belt shimmy.

Priscilla Barnes' flamingo leg.

Henry Rush's proud papa stroll with his arm swinging and nod to a passerby as he and Muriel push Andrew in the baby carriage.

The very suggestive way Lydia Cornell takes a seat in the first version of the TCFC opening titles.

Donna Mills strolling in her short shorts in an early Knots season.

Jim Davis' three shot, smoking a cigarette in a shearling coat and Stetson, in a slick overcoat to the left...

Cliff Barnes fluffing his pocket square.

J.R. clapping.

Sable Colby tossing her coat, Constance flinging open those double doors.

Mary, Sandra, and Rose doing the Supremes.

Florence Johnston begging massah Jefferson not to hurt her.

Dixie Carter giving face in the Ray Charles opening.

Rerun hearing Dwayne call up to the window, Rog trotting behind him.

• Members

The 80s Sesame Street intro where the kids are walking over the small bridge.

I wasn't counting primetime soaps, but if I do, then of course my favorite has to be the Knots years where they had the montage of Val in her chair at home/Abby looking at the ocean from her beach house balcony.

• Members

Tom Willis strutting into the Jefferson's apartment in a big black hat, and pounding George's head in the powder room.

Louise as Mae West.

Roxie Roker's shoulder shimmy from the Dallas spoof episode.

Maude's "cool" playa walk across the room followed by the very pointed one.

That gorgeous autumn shot of the house as Tony and Sam pull up in the junky blue van.

Angela hugging Mona from behind.

Theo wildin' out break dancing, Rudy doing her popcorn dance.

Tom Willis strutting into the Jefferson's apartment in a big black hat, and pounding George's head in the powder room.

Louise as Mae West.

Roxie Roker's shoulder shimmy from the Dallas spoof episode.

Maude's "cool" playa walk across the room followed by the very pointed one.

That gorgeous autumn shot of the house as Tony and Sam pull up in the junky blue van.

Angela hugging Mona from behind.

Theo wildin' out break dancing, Rudy doing her popcorn dance.

• Members

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to include soaps!

I miss how shows would put their special guest stars in the opening credits, like Mama's Famil, Too Close For Comfort and even Gimme A Break when Rue McClanahan was on.

• Members

Mike Brady glancing over at Cindy, over at Bobby, then shaking his head in exasperation.

In the original Lucy Show opening, when the cartoon Lucy and Ethel finally get the logo sign up and stand proudly with their hands on their hips.

There was a little girl in the Sesame Street opening about ten years ago. She was in a wheelchair and was just having the time of her life turning a jump rope. It always made me smile.

Melrose Place's Jake opening his refrigerator for a midnight/post-coital snack.

The old lady who smacks Felix with her cane in the Odd Couple opening and keeps it moving.

The various configurations of Charlie's Angels strutting out of the police department. Also, Kelly serving as crossing guard.

Laverne and Shirley daydreaming as beer bottles move by on the conveyor belt at Shotz Brewery.

Three's Company: "How about a date?" "No!" "Blondes prefer gentlemen."

Room 222, when Karen Valentine steps down on the bus, the frame freezes for her credit, then the bus driver closes the door in her face before she can get off.

Mrs Garrett and her girls posing on the lounge sofa and later behind the kitchen counter.

The guy representing Woody in the Cheers opening.

Peg Bundy mixing a salad while smoking and Marcy finding a cigarette in her salad.

• Members

A great Canadian teen show, Student Bodies. Love the moment where Flash flashes Victor in the face with her camera and the last line of the opening, "It's not real life, it's high school." One of those shows I never tire of watching no matter how many times I've seen an episode.

Archived