Favorite moments/clips from opening credits

All My Shadows

• Members

How could I forget - Patty "rocking out" in the Patty Duke Show credits. I will never, ever forget this. Even when I want to.

I almost chose this.

There are several in the Alice credits. I always like Flo fixing Alice's uniform.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It just breaks my heart when I think about how "Angie" basically imploded. I've seen several episodes and I think it had potential as long as they kept the focus on the romance between Robert Hays and Donna Pescow's characters. But, as Garry Marshall admitted in his autobiography, the show died because he let it get away from him.

• Members

The first view of the bridge in the Taxi theme. You soon realize it's looped together, but it's still a striking, beautiful shot.

The park scenes in the Valerie/Hogan Family credits.

The grafittied traincars in the Welcome Back Kotter credits.

• Members

Jennifer Hart (Stefanie Powers) doing a hairdo check in her handheld mirror, just before it looks like she's about to cut that bitch to her right. Also, the shots of the airplane, and the speedboat. All in all, "Hart to Hart" has to be my favorite opening credit sequence.

• Members

Yes, I really liked the outdoorsy feel of that show's openings. Sandy catching the baseball and giving that nod like "Yes, I caught it!" is great.

Brian Tanner looking up from his homework and saying, "Hi, ALF!" was one of my faves as a kid. We never actually heard him say it, but every time I watch that show, I can hear his voice.

DEE THOMAS running out of the Thomas house on What's Happening!! and giving the most epic eyeroll as Mama calls for her to get back in the house. One of THE best.

• Members

Joey Lawrence gyrating his hips in the Blossom opening.

Friday Night Lights had so many great shots. Tami hugging Eric from behind as he sits in his office, Lyla cheering, the Panther cheerleaders leading the team through the banner at the start of a game, Landry helping Matt practice in his yard, and it just goes on and on.

Of course, we can't forget Isaac Washington shooting those finger guns at us.

Mother Winslow reading her Rolling Stone magazine.

• Members

The Facts of Life intro that starts with Edna's Edibles. That is one that is always burned into my brain, for some reason. Along with the shot in the later seasons where Jo is playing the piano. Other shots - Jo taking off her motorcycle helmet, Edna grabbing every girl by the shoulders, and a burnt Blair about to give Jo a beatdown.

• Members

That part with Mrs. Garrett always reminded me of the MTM opening when Mary goes to each of her co-workers and accidentally smushes Ted's hat.

Mr. Drummond crouches down as Arnold and Willis run to get into the limousine.

The Simon brothers drive across the Coronado Bridge.

Sister Bertrille flies through a convent window.

• Members

Jane Mancini playfully shoving husband Michael on the street

Donna Martin giving the camera a "come hither" look

The moose walking past the Roslyn Cafe brick mural

Tony Soprano getting out of his car

Dr. Greene's reflection against the puddle outside County General

Martin and Gina sharing a tender kiss

Archived