Kassie DePaiva Interview

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was glad she acknowledged the age thing. I think she's working the role and doing very well from what I've seen - in many ways it's being done as Blair with the brakes off, since the character had to play softer foil to the Todds for a lot of years, maturing when both of them often didn't - but the age was an issue. Although it's considerably less so for me now after seeing the linked picture of Charlotte Ross, who resembles Lindsay Lohan.

She can talk up the nice girl playing her daughter but I can't care about her. DAYS always drives their really amazing young talent away with bland upon bland stories.

• Members

So much word on driving away younger talent with bland after bland story. I'm sure Casey will bolt as soon as his contract is up.

I keep expecting Freddie Smith to announce his exit any day.

Anyway ... good interview with Kassie. I liked it. Kassie comes off so well, like always, and I love her attitude and how she's not afraid to talk about things. Glad she's enjoying her time at DAYS. I'm certainly enjoying her. She's added a lot of life into the show, IMO, and I like her chemistry with Reeves and she actually helps make Daniel somewhat watchable. I still hate the man but she works with him.

• Members

That interview didn't do anything for me in regards to her character of Eve. From her description of Eve, she just sounds so incredibly one dimensional, with shoddy motivations, weak and uninteresting subtext and inspiration as a character. Not much of a role, considering. I don't think that bodes very well for future storylines for the character. It reminds me of the situation that just took place with Mark Collier, they brought in a daytime veteran had him in the Dannifer storylines as a temporary obstacle and then he was thrown away like garbage. I don't think this will necessarily happen with Eve/Kassie but the fact that Eve doesn't seem to be progressing 5-6 months from now into next year, doesn't sound good. It doesn't sound like she has anything ahead of her outside of revenge against Jennifer Horton.

• Members

Jennifer was shackled to a revolving door of reappearances from the other half of her super couple, and now she is in a relationship with one of the pets of the show. So Jennifer is in a bit different category, regardless of her inactivity as a character. She's also considered somewhat of a legacy totem pole for various reasons and has deeper relationship with the series. From what I'm gathering from this interview it feels like Eve is going to be a passing obstacle for Dannifer and little else, doesn't look like anything is going to happen outside of that, and if that is all she is I feel she won't be around for long.

Archived