Perry Mason

SoapDope

• Members

Is anyone else here a fan of Perry Mason (1957-1966) ? I think it was a great show with a great cast. It's hard to believe that the entire main cast is gone except Barbara Hale who is in her 90's. She still looks great.

I wish they had done the final season in color, but they only shot 1 test color episode "The Case Of The Twice Told Twist". The series returned with TV movies in the 80's and early 90's.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a solid show but maybe a little dated now. They could do a new Perry Mason but I think they would have to do multi part mysteries otherwise it starts going into Murder She Wrote territory. One thing I will say about it is even to this day it has one of the best themes ever for TV. It's a great piece of music. I love murder mysteries and wish there were more shows like this, but now there is a new show called Murder In The First.

• Members

A lot of soap actors appeared on Perry Mason, the series and the tv films. Jeanne Copper was best friends with Barbara Hale up till the day Jeanne died. They started out together in the business. In Jeanne's book she has a current pic of Barbara and jokes that she looks so good it's sickening. Jeanne was also close friends with the other cast of PM. She also claims to of slept with Raymond Burr.

Archived