Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No. That's not what's being said. NO one claimed Hakeem deserves this. What the Jamal haters are saying, however, is that Jamal is horrible and nasty and the worst person in the world for punching Hakeem when he thought Hakeem sent three thugs to rob him, ending up with one of his friends getting shot. I mean, how dare he? :rolleyes:

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Welcome, Particular!smile.png We don't always agree but the conversations are always fascinating-- it keeps me coming back.

I wonder if Michelle Obama fantasizes about being like Cookie and taking that broom handle to John Boehner?tongue.png

Okay, the actual show...

About Jamal punching Hakeem. People have to remember that in Lee Daniels' films no one comes out looking particularly good so I think we should expect Jamal to, at the very least, make dumb decisions and poor judgements based from pride and machismo. I can deal with that. Having seen several of Daniels' films, I'm glad that this is the extent of things-- hopefully Jamal won't get worse.

And let's face it...someone eventually would've punched Hakeem. I thought it might have ended up being Camilla, or maybe she'd bonk him in the face with a smartphone.tongue.png

Even though I thought Annika's Daddy is a tad generic, I think her Mother is beautiful! I think they may have been going for a young Cicely Tyson type, not a bad model to follow. I'm glad that they didn't go with big celeb actors for those roles, give some other actors a chance to build their resume.

Interesting that Lucious doesn't have a problem with Tiana having a gf but has a big problem with Jamal's love life.

I still maintain that Portia is a savant. Perhaps a bit of an (idiot) savant but a savant, nonetheless.

That 'Black Like Me' scene in the cab was so funny and such a breath of fresh air. laugh.png

Bad Cookie ordering that hit on a hunch!unsure.png When I saw the rose at the doorstep, I wondered immediately if it could've been Lucious trying to woo Cookie. I guess the thought never crossed her mind?

I can see what people are saying about the pacing but I guess they had to put out the strongest collection of episodes possible and couldn't risk any storyline dragging. I guess it's better to make people's head spin than risk making them nod off.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members
This.

And ajsp ... Jamal doesn't KNOW Hakeem didn't send them. He reacted the way he reacted because he thought his brother was guilty. Overreaction? Maybe, but Jamal has every reason right now to believe it was Hakeem.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Loved the episodes. The big character developments that stood out to me was Andree and kitty.

Andre will scheme to get what he wants but at the end of the day, he LOVES his brothers. It was there when he immediately asked whether something was wrong with Hakeem when he called so late. And it was there when he seemed frantic asking whether Jamal was okay and as he lay in bed looking regretful.

Kitty. My poor Boo Boo Kitty. Apparently Lucious has treated Kitty bad in the past. And I think he will agagain because he wants Cookie. I'm not sure he realizes how much just yet but I think he will soon. Kitty's mother was prophetic with the "You'll see". She will be right. A mother is always right. LOL

I figured it was Lucious that left the rose on Cookie's doorstep. Showing up late at night talking about their anniversary.

I know some think that Lucious proposed to Anika for business. But I didn't get that. He proposed BEFORE he knew he needed her father's help, didn't he? And daddy is a bit of a gold digger. Why does it matters if Anika knows he lied for Lucious or not? But I bet debutante mother is going to stroke out when that news come out. She ain't their for being poor and ostracized. I can tell that right now.

I also felt bad for Hakeem. He didn't do anything to deserve being punched. Jamal seems to want to believe the worst in his brother. That saddens me. it broke my heart to see them fighting. But I feed off the drama so I will deal.

Cookie getting a man assassinated. Somehow, I don't feel bad for the guy since he has killed countless others. The life caught up with him. meh.

Loved the episodes. The big character developments that stood out to me was Andree and kitty.

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

:lol:

Interesting, indeed.

In all honesty, the way they set it up with the roses on the drugs & then the rose on the door, they made it pretty convincing. You could at least believe she panicked and it didn't occur to her, without making her look dumb. And I love how they had Lucious mention the anniversary early in the episode, and then BOOM! You realize what that was all about.