Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

As far as Jamal knows the people that came and shot up his studio session were friends of Hakeem's, which is what Andre wanted him to think. Andre just didn't count on anyone getting hurt as he thought Hakeem's "thug friends" were just all talk and no action. Therefore, I totally understand where Jamal was coming from. Andre is playing his brothers in order to get ahead and look best in their father's eyes.

I don't see how Jamal put his friends in danger. He was in his own environment and Andre played up on that and created a situation where there was none. However, I do agree that whatever success Jamal has with whatever work he's doing right now it'll all be under the umbrella (ie. control) of Empire Records. But we should all remind ourselves he isn't concerned about daddy's Empire in the sense that he's ignoring that he still works for the company. He's thinking of his long-term goal of taking over the business now that Lucious has vowed to give it all to one of his sons. Jamal just wants it to be him at this point following all the disgusting and derogatory comments he's received from him over the years. Not to mention the lack of faith and respect.