DAYS: Casting Two New Roles

• Members

Per ABC Soaps In Depth

Micah-

Looking for Hispanic or Asian actors. Micah is a late 20's baseball player. He has a lot of Charisma. Women love him but he is not a player. Role starts filming in Early May & will air staring in early September

Shauna- Contract Role

Looking for actresses to play this 30 something African American Female. Her beauty is matched by her heart and intelligence. No start date known for this character at this time.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meh. I don't see DAYS as a soap that does diversity well, so them attempting to cast diverse characters just makes me rolleyes.gif. I feel like they need to do something with Abe/Maxine first before they reach out and try and cast other diverse characters. Do something with Rafe too. Make me believe that you can handle writing long-term for diverse characters because DAYS has not done it for a LONG time. Besides the Hernandez clan, which were a flop, the last time DAYS did a diverse story was back in the early 00's with Lexie and the baby switch.

• Members

I certainly hope Days is commited to bringing some diversity on its soap but I just see it as a way to lure a segment of the audience that wouldnt necessarily tune in. I hope im wrong but thats how it comes across for me.

I would be more than happy to be proven wrong... this time :D

• Members

Days will pull a bait and switch just like the other shows do/used to do. They will draw the "black" audience in only to increase the viewership for the white characters. I've seen it done 100 times before - just you wait. In 2014, a genre that is dying NOW wants to be diverse?

Ugh!

• Members

Thanks, KMan! :)

Obviously, I'm not against there being more diverse (read: ethnic) characters on DAYS. I only wish the writers and producers would be more specific, for lack of a better word. Either another Hispanic OR an Asian would be great. But make a [!@#$%^&*] choice. Better yet, do like Shonda Rhimes does on all her mediocre-ass shows and cast blindly. Whoever is the best, regardless of ethnicity, wins.

Archived