Y&R: Michael Fairman - Sharon Case Interview

• Members

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/yrs-sharon-case-interview-is-2014-finally-the-year-for-shick/2014/03/24/

And I am just wondering … how they are going to get out of what she did to Summer, Nick, Jack, and Phyllis? How on earth are the writers going to get out of it to save Sharon’s character?

SHARON: I know exactly how the writers get out of it, and it’s phenomenal! Like the best thing ever! I could have never thought of it! I loved it when I found out.

- And -

SHARON: This is also mine and Joshua’s 20th anniversaries with Y&R this year in August. We are already celebrating all year. It’s the Shick year, and that makes sense.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree with the JFP slamming on this front - they are trying to bring Sharon back to a sense of the good person the audience liked; reuniting with Nick is actually working (and I was a big Phick fan); the bonus, of course, has been the intriguing return of CG. For a show that went doppelganger crazy during the past few years, this one I can buy. Camryn is an incredible talent and a new character without the baggage of being "pure" Cassie is definitely a good way to accomplish this - plus the chemistry between CR, SC, JN and EB makes it worth giving it a pass. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

• Members

I want to believe this interview but I don't really expect clever nor phenomenal in terms of daytime anymore. It's just been eons. I guess I just hope it's something I can tolerate.

I've made no secret of the fact that I hope the writers can manipulate story so that Summer ends up as Jack's daughter, possibly by having Sharon having a blackout or that old 'losing bits of time' that she was once famous for and only erroneously guessing at changing the letter naming the results when it turns out she didn't have the means. I wouldn't care about the execution being sloppy (which usually happens on this show now).

• Members

I hope they don't actually make Summer Jack's kid. Hopefully, the secret will come out down the road and that will create a huge bump in the Shick reunion. C'mon the road can't be THAT easy! It would actually be great if Sharon had to face what she did and work through it. Part of the past few months has been trying to restore the dignity of the Sharon character - accepting responsibility, accepting the fallout and coming out stronger (and not falling apart or sl*tting around) would be a great start.

Archived