GH: March 2014 Discussion

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Easton is somehow even worse when he actually tries to act than when he doesn't try!! I didn't think it was possible. And he really does look like a jabroni there. Even Madeline can't make Silas watchable.

I don't think I ever watched Knots Landing so I can't complain about something I didn't see. The line might have annoyed me in theory but Donna Mills's delivery was perfect. And saying it to Sam also made it great.

Kiki is a naïve, ignorant twit. And Ava is such a terrible villainess.

• Members

This Nina story could have been slightly interesting if Silas really did marry her for her money. I don't get why Easton's characters always have to be so blameless. They're never really guilty of anything. Ok they cheat. But on soaps that's hardly edgy. Why can't they ever have less than altruistic motives? It's so dull.

Or if the writers couldn't go THAT far out on a limb, at least tease that POSSIBLY he was guilty and not spell out from day one it was all a frame up and he's wracked with guilt. That's all Easton can play? Box of Pain?

Nobody cares about Nina and Silas's backstory. His feelings for deadwifeweneverknew are just meaningless. But if Sam were laying it all on the line for some guy who just MIGHT not be all he was cracked up to be, and they allowed the audience to wonder if Silas was really responsible for Nina's death, this could be decent.

• Members
Lol. Well JOHN had a fiancé who was murdered, and it only took him five years to move on (albeit with much pain and suffering for all involved in his transition -- most particularly the audience). SILAS has been in the emotional wilderness for TWENTYFREAKINGYEARS! More like MCBAIN&SISTERWENEVERKNEW. I'm confusing myself.

Of course John's invented backstory happened 11-12 years ago so that explains much of the gap. Yep. Still confused. That's four characters in grEaston characters' histories who've died (offscreen) to make him sympathetic. Caitlin, PapaThoma, Theresa, and now Nina. None of whom the audience knew or cared about.

Yep. Still confusing myself.

• Members

Michael Easton was [!@#$%^&*] awful. Horrible.

Kelly Monaco looked bored as [!@#$%^&*] like always.

So predictable that Dr. O took Ben. Yawn. Can we get on with this?

Ava's a cartoon and Kaka looked awful today.

Carly and AJ wasn't bad.

I agree that Herbst and Hearst still have some chemistry.

• Members

And as far as "Sir Laurence" goes .... he's a tiny bit better but he's not really. I think he's just a lot more comfortable. I'd still watch him at least starting to try and act over say Kristen Alderson who should know how to by now.

Archived