RIP Arthur Rankin, Jr.

alphanguy74

• Members

Huh. I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. I don't know how to feel about that. It's nice that people were worried about the toys, but another part of me wishes they could have just stayed where they were, happily. Then again they weren't happy, so I guess this was a better ending.

Is the scene of Yukon finding the mine on Youtube?

The scene where they pull that monster's teeth out and adopt him as a pet always makes me feel a little sad, for some reason. I always wished he would have become their friend without needing to be "tamed."

Lots of adult messages in that special when you think about it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks.

I think they made the right decision.

I was reading about some scenes involving burning toys that they cut out of SCICTT on modern airings. I can see why, although sometimes I wish TV cared more about quality kids programming today and less about censoring the past.

• Members

I remember people saying that she didn't cry tears the right way, or something, but it never was proven.

I still can't believe that the first time Santa didn't take them. He really was a huge !@#$%^&*] in that special. laugh.png

• Members

Those films have endured the test of time, Rankin-Bass certainly created some good material that will last forever. May he rest in peace, it's nice that he left a legacy that won't ever be forgotten. I don't see the films ever going out of style, they are holiday traditions.

Archived