General Hospital’s Maura West Interview: The Making Of Ava Jerome!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love Maura. Don't quite get her gush about hair and wardrobe, because I find most of the dresses butt ugly and the hair in general on this show is atrocious...but I guess that's JMO.

Sigh...just the thought of Michael on this show makes me happy. In spite of the boring piece of crap this show is.

It is kind of weird that Geary and Easton presented her her Emmys.

If nothing else, I'm happy she's happy there. I do think Y&R was an uncomfortable place for her to work, given the writing for her character. Or lack thereof.

• Members

Maura is great, and no shade, but not them trying to act like Ave is some 'game changer' type OG (Sarah Brown) Carly character. LOL Ava is basically like every 'villain' female lead GH has had since the likes of Katherine Bell.

• Members

Is Ava even a villain? She mostly cries about her brain dead walking hard on of a boyfriend, cries about Horton-Hears-a-Kukla, and occasionally hisses at people.

The only fans I see of her are people who go on about what a victim she is and why can't she and her dildo be happy.

I don't see any "love to hate" or "what will she do next" fans. Any of that.

I just see people who want to see her strip Morgan.

• Members

Despite the crazy writing, the hyperbole of some of the questions, all of that, I love this actress and the way she plays Ava. And, as she indicates in the interview, she is "here to serve the script." Her answers to the questions were very thoughtful and direct. She seems like a very centered lady.

And I can't fault her response to the Y&R question. It totally reminds me of how MM fans tried to pull her into the drama about Eric Braeden having got her fired, and she just came on Twitter and said "Absolutely NOT. NOt in any way, shape or form. Have no idea why my name is involved in ANY of it." Very succinct. :lol:

• Members

While I think The Jerome Sisters are laughable, I would have Ava kill Jillian. Ava would work for me so much better under a better writer. As for MW, she's always been a class act and she as well as a few others "serve the script" and make no demands no matter how bad the writing for the character may be. These are the kind of actors you work hard to keep, IMHO!

I absolutely loved how she quickly removed herself from MM's trash.

The character is only a villain because she tells us so. Nothing has transpired onscreen to convince me that she is menacing in any way shape or form!

Absolutely agree!

When Ava becomes a villain, that would be great!

I'm torn! Ava is very poorly written and CZ was destroyed once she fell for Sonny's magic peen. Never cared for Faith or her portrayer. If written well, Ava would be a total bad ass and not just on paper. They need to remove Morgan from her life or have her using him against his father. Falling for him is such a joke. And if Ava were written better, she'd need the people she played off of to be written better as well [the entire canvas]. No one is clever and bad ass when everyone else is completely stupid. The remaining "writers" need to realize this.

Archived