Primetime Promos coming for GH

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The fact that post was written by Sara Bibel tells me everything I need to know. There's no commitment in there for primetime promos.

That's the same type of non-response you give to people who stop you on the street to give you pamphlets about Jesus. He's not going to rework ABC's promotion strategy based on some comment from a member of the soap press.

• Members

I agree. I just feel like... you have one soap left. What is there to "talk about" in regards to promoting it? There are no other soaps on the network to promote it during (which I always thought was stupid). Why is it so beyond the realm of possibility for them to air promos for it during their primetime shows? If you're talking up the successes of soapy primetime dramas and then talking up how Franklin and Ronald are reinventing the wheel at GH, why would you not take advantage of that by putting GH ads during Revenge, Nashville, and Scandal?

• Members

I agree that promotion would be a good idea but it's always been a good idea and ABC has chosen not to do it. I don't know why other than maybe they just feel like the financial return on those ads aren't worth it. Do they advertise The View or The Chew in primetime? (Honest question. I stream most of my TV so I only Hulu ads.) Maybe they feel like if they are going to burn primetime ad space (remember, any time they use for promoting their own shows is money they don't make selling that time to clients) they would rather use it for other primetime shows. Better to show an ad for Revenge during Scandal than an ad for GH. I'm not claiming to know the reason that's just a guess.

The idea that Bibel or whoever asked that question thinking that they were suggesting something no one has thought of before and Lee playing into that perception is just sad.

Archived