Love American Syle Reboot (Daytime) ?

• Members

I read that CBS hopes to reboot the old series Love American Syle for 2014. The original series was on ABC primetime 1969-1974 and was revived as the New Love American Style for the ABC daytime schedule in 1985-1986. Many soap stars were featured in this 80's version.

My question is if they bring it back, do you think it would work better as a prime time or daytime series ? I think another daytime version would be better since a lot of current and former soap/daytime tv stars could get a lot of work from this.

If they do a primetime version, I can only picture horrible skits of people like Jimmy Fallon trying to bed Brittney Spears or Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus in some sort of sick twisted storyline.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think it would work well in any format in modern society, although I think daytime, with a mix of former soap actors and old primetime names, with new talent, would be better than primetime. Most CBS comedies are horribly unfunny and very sour (thanks Chuck Lorre), so that doesn't help.

• Members

That's true aout CBS comedies. A daytime version would be good with the mix you described.

There would be crazy episodes like:

Judith Light hires a sexy practical nurse played by Katherine Kelly Lang to take care of her father played by Bob Barker while she as work. Bob keep grabbing KKL butt and insist she help him with bath time.

Betty White as a cougar who is stringing 4 men along played by Joshua Morrow, Winsor Harmon, Tom Selleck, and Wayne Brady.

Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb playing two drunk bimbos after a night of sex with Maury Povich find him dead and they try to hide the body.

• Members

I agree. The original anthology format is what made the show, like Love Boat. This has disaster written all over it.

I wish they would nix The Talk (I know that'll never happen) and do another daytime version in an hour long format with good writing and talent as you mentioned above.

• Members

I agree. I wish TV would dump all of these reality, crap sitcoms, medical mumbo jumbo and talk shows. CBS should have a few decent game shows early in the morning, then a decent revived version of Love American Style in it's anthology format with the mix of cast you described then 3 or 4 soaps.

Archived