SOD: Days' Wilson Switch (SON Article added)

John

• Members
DAYS: "Wilson" Switch
By SOD • Posted: Dec 23, 2013

JPI
Mark your calendars, DAYS fans. January 2 marks two-time Emmy winner Chandler Massey's last day as Will Horton. On January 8, Guy Wilson will assume the role. Here's a shot of him with Freddie Smith's Sonny.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do any young actors in the industry still look "unconventional"? I don't know why, but I feel like when it comes to looks, intelligence and charisma, today's crop just lack something. (And that goes for all aspects of the business, not just daytime soaps.)

• Members

I don't equate all people who don't look like a cardboard cutout or a fashion model to be ugly. Unconventional doesn't necessarily mean ugly, so I'm not seeing where the correlation is or how certain people would be vilified for not being the norm (unless they're completely untalented on top of it, like Kristen Alderson).

Let's, you know, see what happens if these shows ever cast in that vein again. ;)

• Members

The correlation is that, anyone who's not the norm, anyone who's not cookie-cutter with a muscled body, anyone who is unconventional tends to be ridiculed by a vast majority of the online audience as ugly, fat, old, boring, "he would never sleep with HER!" etc etc etc.

Just now, in another post, an actor of normal height was referred to as "shrimpy" because he doesn't happen to be over 6 feet tall.

Archived