August 19-23, 2013: Good Week For GH and DAYS

Toups

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would image the numbers are down for both Y&R and B&B because of the 3 million TWC people who are affected by the blackout in LA , NY and Dallas. I also think The Talk is probably down too since I haven't see a press release about them this week.

Sony can't be mad at the JFP or the writers this is all CBS.

• Members

I wouldn't consider it a "good" week for DAYS considering the nearly 400K loss from last year. I wonder which story is turning people off? This is why I really dislike the four-month advanced taping schedule. They have no ability to adjust S/L, even capture lightning in a bottle when something is clicking or ditching stuff that is just not working. I really wish there was another way, but I suppose if that's the only way to keep it on the air, so be it. (Although that may be one of the reasons why it's being held back.) Kind of a no win.

• Members

It is good to see Days up this week... keep in mind comparing the numbers from a year ago are a little skewed.. A year ago Days had just returned from its 2 week hiatus from the Olympics and we had the DAYSaster storyline which was a Huge event and of course ratings spiked up for it.. In Sept the yearly comparison will even itself out.

• Members

Todd was on for 2 days last week and he was pretty contained in the hospital room. It was a lite Todd/Kaka/Silas week. I don't recall vets being heavily featured, and if they were, it was window dressing. Last week, the baby story actually moved and it was a majority of AJ. People like when the show is about GH and the stories move along. Vets for the sake of vets do nothing for GH or any show.

• Members

Ah, yes, the DAYSaster which prompted me to give up my Days habit after close to 30 years. ;)

Main reason I responded was to agree on the taping schedule. If it exhausted Eileen to the point where she needed a break, maybe it's time to ratchet it back. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the budgets at GH and Days, even though the ratings are the same?

• Members

I didn't comment on the quality of the story.. just that it was a large event and we did see ratings spike after returning from the Olympics for it. Just the facts :)

As for the budgets.. This is only speculation, but since GH is owned by ABC it would make sense that ABC would make more profit off GH. NBC has to pay licensing fees and such for Days to Corday Productions and Sony Pictures since it is not owned by NBC. I'm sure there are others with more insight to this though than I have.

Archived