DAYS: Eva Swan cast for key role in November

• Members

swaneva.jpg

Several weeks ago, a casting call announced that "Days" was looking for a Kristen Look-alike for November sweeps: "30 - 40 year old GORGEOUS BLONDE. Must be 5'7" and wear a size 2-4 dress. Must have blonde hair two-four inches past her shoulders and bear a striking resemblance to Eileen Davidson...ONE DAY PRINCIPAL ROLE."

Now comes word that Eva Swan has been cast in the role. Swan posted the news on her IMDB blog, and also stated that it could possibly become a recurring role. Wonder what this Kristen Look-alike will be up to in November?? Fans can only speculate until then...

Here is Swan's post: "My La TV debut is a long time coming. Boy oh boy, I tell ya. I got the good news this afternoon from my agent about booking a possible recurring role on Days of Our Lives...I auditioned for Marnie Saitta in February when I was...sick with the flu, But nevertheless very, very skinny - thanks, Flu! I did my scene and Marnie just flat out told me that I'd never get cast in this role, or probably any role, because I look too much like one of their main stars. I didn't know who she was talking about, but I appreciated her candor...Suddenly last week I get a breakdown for a lookalike to this exact star for "Days."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3231646/blog

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sheri said she wouldn't come back because she would never be able to write stories under the current budget constraints.

Did anyone read the books she penned a couple of years back set in the "Days" universe?

• Members

I could see that. Sheri's stories always were rather splashy, and definitely took full advantage of the show's huge 80s budget.

I don't think I miss her style of writing at the moment. Minus their bizarre Dannifer obsession, TomSell are really writing good soap opera right now and the stories have been interesting in a way that uses bits and pieces from every era of DAYS' history, particularly from a stylistic point of view.

I'm really interested to see where this story goes with this new character involved. Going spoiler-free has been the best thing for me with this show.

• Members

+1 to all of that. Being spoiler-free makes the show soooo much more enjoyable to me.

And I get what they're trying to do with Dannifer. Structurally, most of it works. It's just that Daniel is a dullard and Jennifer too often comes off as a shrew. Plus they're completely tainted by Matt Ashford and Jack having been shoved aside for them. But the story is pretty classic soap, and if this were two different characters, I'm pretty sure it would work for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

After reading ED's TVG interview again, I noticed she mentioned this about the above casting:

"I'm not exactly sure how they're going to tie it all up because they've cast someone who kind of looks like me — and I don't know what that means or how she'll be used. But, obviously, Kristen is not being considered over and done." Let's hope they don't down GH's route with Laura T. Ugh.

Archived