Antenna TV Thread

allmc2008

• Members

January schedule finally released.

I'm sad to see Belvedere leave weekdays, but I've seen probably 75% of the episodes, so it's okay. I'm trying to see all of those mid-run ODAAT episodes that I missed the first two times (particularly S4-S6), and their new timeslot is gonna be just a bit too early for me to see it on most days, but I do like the idea of them being on in daytime. Just one hour later would have been much better for me. Mork and Mindy, I can take or leave. I really do not give a sh!t about Johnny Carson whatsoever. Only if there's a guest that I'm interested in, but probably not even then.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch is a random but fun addition for Saturday afternoons.

The rest of the schedule is basically the same stuff just in different places. I'll give Dear John a shot. 2015 was such a great year for new additions that I never saw before and eventually grew to really, really enjoy (mainly ODAAT and Mr. Belvedere, Evening Shade to a slightly lesser extent). I even gained a new appreciation for Family Ties. So far, 2016 isn't as exciting.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks!  I'm loving those two big weekend blocks of Hitchcock, I always miss that show when they cut its number of airings.  I'm probably one of the only people watching Burns & Allen that early in the morning, but I'm happy that AntennaTV hasn't dropped it or Benny even though they show the same damn episodes all the time.

I wish I could say that I'm excited for Mork from Ork, but that show never did much for me, even as a kid.  I'll give it another try.  Looking forward to Dear John, a show I watched every week (I still randomly sing the theme song, triggered by the name... John).  It'll be interesting to revisit the show as an adult as I don't seem to recall lol as a kid, it was more like following a group of quirky folk week after week.

Now can we get Capitol or early Y&R in one of those weekend spots?  (The Ropers/Three's a Crowd, I'm looking dead at you.)

• Members

I can't stay up as late as I used (mainly because of work, but also because I just physically can't anymore), so I can't remember the last time I watched Hitchcock on Antenna, besides the Halloween marathon. It was perfect back when it aired at 11pm central each night.

It's definitely time for them to try some non-sitcoms again. If not attempting some a little block of soaps, at least some light-hearted action/adventure fare of the likes of The Fall Guy or BJ and the Bear on Saturday afternoons. I can almost hear the Unknown Stuntman snappin' up in my aunt's living room as I stop by to see what she has cooking.

• Members

I wish this channel or Me TV would pick up some of those old long forgotten 80's WTBS shows like Down To Earth, Safe At Home, and Rocky Road. I would also like to see some reruns of the 80's daytime "The New Love American Style. A lot of great guest stars from primetime and daytime did that show.

• Members

Ohhh, it was prob an infomercial for the best of DVD sets.

Antenna is banking a lot on their airings because they're airing the complete, presumably unedited, episodes, and I know they weren't cheap. If the ratings aren't up to snuff, I wonder how long they're gonna keep it scheduled 7 days a week before they make changes. It's been a long, long time since they've had non-sitcoms during the week (besides Hitchcock in the late night), and even though this is comedy, it'll be interesting to see how it gels with the rest of the schedule. Scheduling the 80s episodes after Family Ties makes a lot of sense.

Now that I don't have ODAAT to watch in that timeslot, I wish MeTV would try to get their hands on complete Carol Burnett episodes.

• Members

So, is it a set number of episodes that they'll recycle, or are we talking hundreds of episodes here?  I think the most frustrating thing for me will be keeping abreast of the guest roster.  I'd really hate to miss someone I'd have loved to see interviewed.  I hope Antenna TV/Zap2it have detailed episode info.

• Members

I have no clue. I think one of the press releases might have had some info on that, but I'm not sure.

So far, TV Guide's listings have the show under its original title as opposed to just "Johnny Carson," and they do have guest info. Tonight is a 1982 episode with Eddie Murphy and McLean Stevenson.

• Members

I watched the first two episodes of Carson, and I liked them more than I thought I would. A lot of the things that I've heard about his style have definitely proved to be true -- the episodes they've shown so far are pretty laid back and have a very calm atmosphere. Tonight has a good group of guests: Bob Hope, Freddie Prinze, Michael Landon, Don Rickles, and Carol Wayne. I'm definitely in for the 70s episodes at least.

Archived