• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Weren't they both previously on the schedule?

Hard to believe Antenna's been around for six and a half years now. I'd forgotten about a good bit of the shows they once regularly aired. I wouldn't mind seeing the returns of Here Come the Brides, Kraft Suspense Theater, Flipper, and It Takes a Thief. Meanwhile, the venerable posse of All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Good Times, Maude, The Jeffersons, and Three's Company will seemingly never leave primetime, ever. I love them all, but it's going to be frustrating as hell when they try something like Alice or The Hogan Family in primetime and they quickly get ushered to late night so that the same old shows can come back to shine. Obviously those shows do well (and seem to have always rated high in reruns for decades), but if they would just put new acquisitions in less-prime slots, maybe they'd stand a chance. At least they're good about making it through a run of a show before burying it.

I just wish they'd pick up a drama series or two or three.

• Members

New schedule starting September 5, includes new addition Welcome Back Kotter.

It's ABOUT DAMN TIME they broke up the double-airings in primetime. ABOUT. DAMN. TIME. Now they can have the dependable performers like AITF, S&S, etc. while also putting others in the mix. Surprised 227 and WH!! were given another shot in primetime. Hopefully they do a little better this time. I also think it's cute to have the 60s sitcoms on Saturday nights, but idk how long that's going to last.

• Members

I agree with you about Antenna and ME. They're both on in my house basically all day long if I'm home, but there's nothing exciting about them anymore. Antenna goes crazy swapping timeslots around every few months while ME considers swapping one show out for another at 6am to be a "new fall schedule." Antenna announced a huge list of shows coming this year, but I don't think we've even seen half of them yet.

Plus, they both have at their disposal sooooooooooooo many shows that they could easily trot out for special events all the time but choose not to.

• Members

LOL so true. I don't think swapping out a show at 6am is 'a new schedule'. I can understand keeping some consistency but I think sometimes they pair the oddest shows together. I like a bit of a flow and shows to be paired together that fit. They have that sort of but they're getting messy. And Antenna TV seems to want every show they can LOL. It's a bit much. Rotate things.

I keep them on a lot too.

Like, why did ME-TV need to have Andy at 6:30 and then later for a full hour?  Make the 6:30 Laverne and Shirley to follow Happy Days or because HD has a zillion episodes, do back-to-back ....

• Members

For whatever reason, ME's been really hyping those color episodes of TAGS (which I'm cool with - I like the color eps). I think the color episodes were not bringing in the same numbers as the black-and-white episodes in primetime, so they wanted to just do B/W but not completely neglect the color shows. Still, I agree with you that it makes no sense to put it just 90 minutes before the B/W episodes. I think they should just eliminate the morning airing of Perry Mason and pair color TAGS with an episode of Gomer or Mayberry RFD in that hour.

I can't even remember the last time Laverne and Shirley was on the weekday schedule. Aren't they off completely now that MTM and Rhoda have Sunday afternoons? I know we have a ME-TV thread somewhere, but here is their upcoming schedule. Only four new shows coming to M-F (nothing new on weekends), and hilariously, one of them is at 6:00am

Please register in order to view this content

aaaaaand to make you happy, it's The Facts of Life sandwiched between Donna Reed and Lucy. WTF. FOL is CLEARLY more suited for Antenna in a hundred million different ways. The thing is, Antenna has a great balance between older B/W stuff and then the 70s/80s stuff. Me-TV does not have that balance at all, so FOL sticks out like a sore thumb. It's almost as bad as when they had MacGyver in primetime surrounded by Andy and Hogan's Heroes.

Sad to see two hours of that afternoon comedy block go, but I'm looking forward to TJ Hooker being my after-work show. It's always cool to see non-sitcoms in those afternoon/early evening slots.

I would love to watch Cannon and Mannix, but not in the middle of the night.

• Members

That's what I mean with the messy schedule, like when they had MacGyver surrounded by 60s/70s shows along with 80s Mama's Family.

I missed the new ME-TV schedule. Lawd, FOL between Donna and Lucy? Seriously? ME-TV needs to get it together.

I think L&S is off the schedule but TBH it may air once on the weekends, or did. I don't think it does anymore. I'll have to check when I can.

I get pimping the color Andy episodes but it's just weird how they have it scheduled. I mean, Andy's everywhere. He airs in hours long blocks on TV Land, on Sundance ... lol. I was never the biggest fan of it but I like it. I know it's very popular, obviously, or it wouldn't be airing everywhere still. I mean that says a lot to the quality of some of these shows that they still do so well and air a lot.

For so long classic tv was limited to TV Land and I just love how Hallmark airs Lucy and Golden Girls, Logo airs so many great shows (I have it on almost all day if it's not Antenna or ME on) and then you had Cozi, ME, Antenna come into the picture ... Ovation/Sundance airs MASH, Mary, Andy ... TVOne with Good Times, Sanford, etc. (Plus more I'm forgetting). And FamilyNet airs some good shows like Bunker's Place, Facts, Benson, Silver Spoons ...

Archived