Antenna TV Thread

allmc2008

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel your pain. Antenna TV was a real blessing when I didn't have cable, and now that I have cable again, my TV practically rests on that station. Especially being a night owl with a non-traditional work schedule, I have it on all night long.

I've been neglecting the other digital networks though, haven't watched Me, or This, or Movies in a long time, and last night I looked up Bounce. I see that they produce a lot of original sitcoms, which is nice.

• Members

I know. Without cable/satellite, all I ever had on was my local ABC station and then Antenna TV. Sigh. I moved so now I can't pick it up. I can now get Me-TV but I need an antenna again. I have satellite again but thankfully I'm not paying for it (living with family for the time being to look for a new place ... long stories ... lol). I've lived just fine without DVRs and satellite, so it's possible to survive without it LOL. It was so so weird to be able to pause TV again and even then I still forget that I can. Sigh. #FirstWorld problems. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Antenna mentioned on their Facebook that "My Mother the Car" will be joining the lineup in September (today is Jerry Van Dyke's birthday). I was wondering if there would be other series joining outside of those originally listed in that big advertisement last year. Also, I was hoping there'd be more 60s stuff, so I guess this is good.

Meanwhile, I'm supremely pissed because I didn't realize ODAAT's "last" episode tonight would be a lame-ass backdoor pilot for what would have been a horrible spin-off featuring Schneider raising his brother's kids with a group of freaks. I wanted to watch the real series finale!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I didn't like ODAAT's last episode either.  If anyone deserved a backdoor pilot, IMO, it was Mark and Barbara.  A spin-off series, following them as a married couple, maybe with an adopted kid and recurring appearances from Grandma Romano, would have stood a better chance than "Another Man's Shoes."

• Members

Neat!  But dare I say that 7 nights a week is overkill?  I wonder if it'll be like Jack Benny and Burns and Allen where before you know it, you've seen the same episodes four times over.  I wish they'd add more Benny and B&A episodes to the rotation.

• Members

I'm not really interested in the Tonight Show because late-night talkers aren't really my thing, but this brings some interesting points up in my head:

~ I really need to make sure I watch all those mid-season ODAAT episodes I missed the first time around, because who knows what'll happen to it when TTS comes
~ I wonder how lengthy and complicated the music licensing process for each episode is; would licensing music for soaps be a similar process? Bruh, all I'm asking for is 70s Y&R or DAYS
~ I'd much rather see reruns of daytime talk shows like Donahue or Dinah!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The fall schedule finally came out. I'm too tired to post the whole thing. I'm just happy to say that Belvedere and ODAAT will remain in their current timeslots. The Jeffersons moves up to a earlier primetime slot to make room for Family Ties (which is in a weird position amongst the Lear shows), and TCFC comes back to weekday afternoons. Saturdays at lunchtime feature a two-hour block of obscure 60s sitcoms My Mother the Car and It's About Time, which is cool.

• 1 month later...

Archived