TV's Biggest Cast Feuds

Soapsuds

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I applaud Amos so much for taking that stand during that time. The Evans had 3 children, an aspiring lawyer, an aspiring doctor and Dynomite - CBS decided Dynomite would be the show's bread and butter. Funny how that proved to be untrue when Amos left. The heart and soul was gone with his departure. James Evans and Charles Ingalls will always be my favorite TV dads.

And speaking of LHOTP, wasn't their problems with Melissa and Melissa?

• Members

The problems between the two Melissas really sprung up after the show's run, I believe. I'm not even 100% sure what the issue is, just that both Melissa Gilbert and Alison Arngrim seem to dislike Melissa Sue Anderson these days. And of course, not all of the guest stars were crazy about Michael Landon.

Some other random feuds...Marla Gibbs vs. Jackee, Linda Lavin vs. Polly Holliday (and later Diane Ladd), Larry Hagman vs. the producers of Dallas, all of the drama on Moesha...

• Members
All these years later every time I see Ray J it irks me. Ugh that creature ruined Moesha. Dont get me started on his and Brandy's pushy ass mother pushing the creator off the show and then preceding to ruin one of the best characters on the show (Frank) just to shoehorn Dorian's trifling ass into the Mitchell family.

To this day I refuse to watch the last 2 seasons of Moesha... lol yes it got me that mad.

• Members

Some other random feuds...Marla Gibbs vs. Jackee, Linda Lavin vs. Polly Holliday (and later Diane Ladd), Larry Hagman vs. the producers of Dallas, all of the drama on Moesha...

I heard they made up but it was Marla that was upset that Jackee was the star of the show. She should have been more considerate in my opinion since she was one of the stars of The Jeffersons.

Linda Lavin I heard was a terror to work with and was upset that both Polly and Diane were more popular than her and that they had won Emmys and she hadn't and thus the firing of both. I laughed the year both her and Beth Howland were nominated. I wonder what would have happened had Beth won...lol...would she have been fired??...lol

As for Larry...it was Larry vs Phillip Capice and Larry vs Victoria Principal.....supposedly she wasnt liked on the set by other actors as well.

Oh..and Larry vs Donna Reed

• Members

Larry Wilcox and Eric Estrada clashed. The producers started to build the show around Eric's character and was giving him all these gifts etc... behind the scenes. Larry got fed up and left the final season. Eric clashed with his second co-star Tom Reilly as well.

• Members

I don't think anyone from Alice won any Emmys, but Linda and Polly both won two Golden Globes each (Diane also one won for her season). I think Linda's issues were more about the writers giving everyone else funny material to work with while she had to play straight man to the rest of the cast, including Tommy. Of course, her performance of the theme song got more and more obnoxious with each new arrangement.

Another one. I don't know if this was really a feud, but I know that Shelly Long really didn't gel well with most of her Cheers co-stars, except for Nicholas Colasanto. She was sorta like Diane in that she was prim and proper, and the others were really bar-type people who played pranks, told dirty jokes, etc.

I heard about Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist. I think they've reconciled, though, so that's good.

• Members

Wow I did not know about Bea & Betty. They must be very much like their own characters.

Re: Teri Hatcher vs. Marcia Cross. From what I read, the other actresses hated how ABC/Cherry considered Hatcher the star of the show. Wasn't she making more than the rest of them and doing her contract negotiations separate?

Did anyone give a crap about Mariah/Nicki's dumb feud?

• Members

There was some interest, but it seemed to die off fairly early into the season. I'm not sure I've ever seen a 'feud' that just made both ladies look bad, helped drive away millions of viewers, and ended with the whole judge lineup being canned (although there were also many other reasons beyond Nicki and Mariah). Idol had never been a judge feud show - Paula and Simon feuded, but it was generally in fun. Mariah didn't even want to be there.

• Members

Another feud was the one that Delta Burke had with the writers/producers of Designing Women over her weight. I remember reading that the feud put strain on the relationship she had with Dixie Carter, who ended up siding with the producers, but they did reconcile years after.

• Members

Carol Burnett and Vicki Lawrence also fell out for years over producer issues (I think Carol felt that Vicki Lawrence sided with Carol's ex, who happened to be one of the main producers on Mama's Family).

Archived