Longtime Days favorite slated to return?

• Members

According to Patsy Pease's facebook, she said she's been contracted about returning to Days in July. I don't know if her return is temporary or not.

She once played Kimberly Brady Donovan on Days and was one half of the supercouple Shane and Kimberly.

Kimberly is the eldest daughter of Shawn Brady, Sr. and his wife Caroline. Therefore, she is sister to Roman, Bo, and Kayla.

Does this mean one of the new roles will be that of Jeannie Donovan, Shane and Kimberly's daughter?

Or does it mean Bo's fate will be the subject of an upcoming storyline?

Perhaps both?

Thoughts on this development?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be nice to see more of Kim. Patsy Pease is always an entertaining, charismatic actress, and she's never really had a chance to come back for more than quick spots. I guess this will be another quick spot, but maybe it will lead to more.

• Members

I guess this will fuel the rumors that either Stause or Lilley is Jeannie Donovan.

This is probably a minority opinion, because Pease gets a lot of love for being a major vet from the 80s whose character is part of an integral family, but she is imo one of the worst actresses I have ever seen. Call it hammy or overacting or whatever, but her style of acting is part of what gives this genre a bad rap - it's the type of acting Ellen DeGeneres sends up in her spoofs.

She has had a lot of health issues with her back and thus hasn't been available a lot of the time.

• Members

She can overdo it at times, and she's not my favorite actress or character (or Brady, because I love Kayla and Bo the most: They were the two overlooked by their parents in favor of Kim and Roman and I always responded to that), but she's had some good stuff in the past. The molestation story, for example. I guess we'll see how Patsy does it this time around. Maybe she'll use a lighter touch in her scenes.

• Members

I was always under the impression that Shawn favored Kim & Roman whilst Caroline favored Bo & Kayla. Caroline definitely loved Bo more than Shawn did, for obvious reasons lol. Before Caroline got a diagnosis for her Alzheimers she confided in Bo & Kayla and deliberately witheld telling Roman.

• Members

Kim had some great stories on DAYS in the 1980s, but I think her acting hasn't evolved to fit in with the current acting styles employed by soaps. That said, she was very interesting especially in her dealings with bad seed step-daughter Eve Donovan.. now that character made Sami look like a girl scout LOL

• Members

I never thought Kayla was favored by Caroline. But then I wasn't watching Days until 1987. Early on after I started watching, Shawn referred to Kimberly as his "best and brightest" in front of Kayla, and that bothered me. It seemed like a slap toward his other children somehow.

I later saw scenes in which Shawn also showed marked favoritism toward Roman.

Caroline might've favored Bo, but she wasn't nearly as blatant as Shawn.

• Members

I hope this pans out to be true, I've always liked Patsy and Kim and her short stints are always so disappointing because I want her to stick around. If she returns and tapes in July that puts her on air in November. LOL. So ... the show finally deals with Bo? Or she visits Jeannie as played by Jen Lilley? Or something happens to Caroline. IDK. Kim could be back for so many reasons. The Brady family is a mess.

Archived