DAYS: Jason47 Exclusive: Iconic set makes its return later this year!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
"DAYS" BRINGS BACK ICONIC SET THIS SUMMER!

The Horton Kitchen set was seen for the first time on November 12, 1965, in just the 5th episode of "Days." It continued to be seen throughout the decades, and began to be used less and less in the 2000's, eventually being phased out altogether. The kitchen was seen one last time, when Salemites returned to say goodbye to Alice Horton, for 6 episodes which aired from June 17-June 28, 2010. Three years have since passed, and now "Days" is bringing back this iconic set, which joins the Horton Living Room set as two of the longest-running sets in television history!

HORTON KITCHEN, 1965:
The Horton Kitchen is seen in this clip from the first "Days" Christmas episode from December 27, 1965: (Go to the 6:15 mark in the clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBjnhqQol3k&feature=player_detailpage#t=374s

HORTON KITCHEN, 2010:
45 years later, Bill Hayes (Doug) and James Reynolds (Abe) pose on the iconic set the last time it was seen, in June 2010:
hortonkitchen2010a.JPG

• Members

YES!!! This is AMAZING! I have always LOVED the Horton kitchen set!! I started watching the show in 1996 and the Horton kitchen set always seemed so cozy and calm and family friendly. I love the set. It represents all things Horton. I loved seeing the set in the late 90s and early 00s and was sad as it was phased out in the mid 00s. It was awesome to see the set again in 2010 and I can't wait to see it again! This is SUCH better news than the "mystery set" being the pier or Doug's Place (However, Salem Place would be awesome too!) The only thing I want to say is I better NOT see Dr. Hairychest moaping around the Horton kitchen... Seeing him and Jennifer make out on the couch in the Horton living room is enough!

• Members

Talk about going backwards - a kitchen as an "iconic" set in this era. LOL Perfect example of why DAYS is a second-rate show. I thought for sure Salem Place. I don't get how a California-based soap doesn't take advantage of the outdoors. It certainly has done wonders for the look and feel of B&B. Wake up, DAYS!

Archived