Dracula: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

It took me a couple of episode to place Nonso Anozie from Game of Thrones. He has a great voice.

I don't love this or dislike it. I'll keep watching, but I know I wouldn't if JRM's wasn't in it. It also helps that this is such a weak crop of fall shows that I'm only watching three new ones and probably none of them will make it to a second season.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One...I never knew "sober companions" were real things. I thought it was completely made up for Elementary.

Two...I think I just watched a late 1800's version of Fight Club---set in a mud pit---with women. What The !@#$%^&*].

• Members

I just binge watched the first four episodes and I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know [!@#$%^&*] about Dracula's fictional history outside of being a vampire, so I'm hooked. I've also loved JRM since the movie Match Point so that may be part of my bias.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jeez, could that blonde woman's boobs fall out of her dress any more? Renfield's back story was alright. I am surprised that they even bothered.

Ah, Mina, everyone is in love with you. RME. She is a nice girl albeit useless beyond being an object of desire. They could have had her unknowingly working with Van Helsing to cure Dracula's sunlight problem. Then we could get her growing suspicion and the tension of her finding out the truth on her own.

• Members

I love that Renfield is an intelligent man who has a genuine reason to be loyal to Dracula and that the loyalty goes both ways rather than Renfield just being a slavish freak who eats bugs, as is the typical portrayal.

Precisely. Why even bother having her studying medicine under Van Helsing at all if not to be involved with his Dracula experiments? They have to go there at some point.

Archived