Sleepy Hollow: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah. That's for sure. I don't quite believe that the delayed viewing numbers mean much. Sites like Tvbythenumbers say they don't and I think they are right. Has anyone noticed that lately ads are the first thing you see when you DVR certain shows? B&B comes to mind. Pretty smart on the part of the networks, but I've adapted and have my remote ready. I have almost no patience for ads.

Anyway, I LOVE this show. I love it! I can't believe they are going 3 weeks without a new episode. That has me very worried. I hope people don't forget about it. I want to see more of the sister.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I hope they stick to 13 episodes my self.

The New Yorker in their Fall network tv wrap up this week picked it as, and critic Emily admitted she thought this would never happen, the best new drama!

I think Fox is wisely finally sticking to having a series of these 13 episode serialized shows--The Following, though I thought it quickly became awful myself, was a pretty strong hit for them, relatively speaking, etc.

To be fair most, if not all of those shows weren't serialized (I'm not sure how many episodes a season The Fugitive did which is one of the earlier semi serialized dramas--and helped kill interest in them because since it actually had a conclusion, people decided it would not do well in syndication.) And then of course Peyton Place had 2/3 episodes a week, without skipping a week--but, despite the high production values of the show, that was maybe a different type of thing being a community soap opera and not one serialized story.

• Members

It's been interesting to see all the articles analyzing this show's success. Surprisingly few of them seem to understand that the cast diversity is a big part of the reason it's successful. Not the only reason of course, but still it's a big part of what makes Sleepy Hollow fresh.

• Members

Yep, diversity never occurs to critics and others when debating the reasons that broadcast networks are losing their audience. The demographics of this country are changing. The broadcast networks are going to have to move beyond tokenism of people of color if their programming is going to attract that key 18 to 49 demo that their advertisers desperately desire. I think that is especially the case when it comes to genre shows like SH.

Edited by Ann_SS