Sleepy Hollow: Discussion Thread

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The quality of episodes mostly depends on who is writing and producing. Sopranos had about 13 a season and I have never, ever seen any show with so much filler, and not even good filler.

I think that episode order should be based on how much story there is to tell for that season.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

At its core, SH is a procedural with a sci fantasy twist so I think that 22 quality episodes are eminently doable. While creatively 13 episodes would likely make it better, it also makes it more likely that FOX will cancel it sooner than later because it will take many more years for SH to reach the minimum 80 to 100 episodes required for syndication. In any case, I think that if SH continues to be a success this season, it will force FOX to order 22 episodes next season. FOX simply does not have enough successful dramas to cut short the one it has now. I bet FOX's execs are regretting their shortsightedness in scheduling The Following in the same time slot as SH.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Even with that logic, but it can work for their sister cable station, a la FX and SOA it can probably work for them. In an idealistic world 22-24 is a wonderful thing if mapped out perfectly but I don't know these people who created or run it to have that amount of faith in them, so far so good but I'm not willing to get sucked into an initial episode order and then see them f**k up the back half because they didn't anticipate a full season pick up or felt rushed.

What they're doing so far I like and some networks need to adopt the cable mentality and scale back on episode orders, sometimes less is more. But I did agree with a comment I saw on the web about hoping this news will attract more people to give it a try and watch the show, so many people, myself included at times, don't watch shows for fear that it'll be canceled, but now that isn't an issue.

Edited by London

• Members

I love this show so much. The Sandman episode was great, and even his Greek was perfect! :D

I didn't realize they were only doing 13 episodes. I am enjoying the show so much, it saddens me but I can see that it will work great for them. I disagree that it's a procedural show with a fantasy twist. So far, we have seen continuing storylines and cliffhangers for each episode. Yes, there seems to be a villain of the week but it ties completely into the existing story/mythology.

In that regard, I would rather they not have to come up with 22 different villains but 13. It'll keep the main arcs tight and focused and won't force them to start filling it up with useless stories.

• Members

A solid episode. Abby and Jenny are so good bickering. Ichabod was adorable as playing referee. I was not fond of his reminsing over Katrina. He needs to let her go so he and Abby can be together.

So Jenny was close to the sheriff and will be off screen for about six months. I hope that John Cho's character will be back soon.

• Members

LMAO, for some reason I thought he had called into a radio station talk show and was giving his story to the DJ but then when he said Thanks for unlocking the car from afar. I was weak!

I looooooooved Abbie & Jenny, especially when they pulled their guns on each other. So bad ass. Aww Ichabof laying down the law and truth tea on the sisters.

Glad we have a name for the forest/mirror monster.

That burning thing with the hell mouth monsters was insane!

Another great episode and was surprised to see one of my favorite EPs Ken Olin is attached to the show.

• Members

I just don't see chemistry between them and sometimes she's just there -- like I get that she's in a sense Ichabod's guide but before long it'll still become tiresome.

I love how Abbie was all protective of Ichabod and not letting them take him. I hope Abbie isn't infected because she did touch Ichabod's hand.

Morales needs to go somewhere with his pent up jealousy and frustration, Ugh.