Is JFP a better fit for Y&R than GH?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seems as if so far their keeping her in line and she's done a ok job so far. She gets a B+ if she's being graded. If the chains come lose on miss JFP thats when I'm truly afraid for the show. but until then i don't mind her work so far. . As for JG thats another matter and i still believe the man needs a Bell writter as co head writer. again we have to be fair and unbiest bc who knows what was really going on at those shows to know what and why she made the decisions she did. Theirs always 2 sides to a story. Maybe she doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt but at Y&R she's done a fair job.

• Members

Yes.

Erika Slezak, who rarely speaks up and even more rarely so in an ongoing situation, was furious and took to the press to say how angry she was about Behr's comments. She was very happy with the JFP regime, except for when Jill drove Robin Strasser off.

• Members

OMG! SOMEONE agrees with me! I LOVED her OLTL, but I liked it because it was the last time Pat Elliott and James DePaiva had a meaty storyline and they were wonderful in it. I LOVED Max/Blair/Asa/Renee. Also loved the stuff with Kevin getting all dark after Grace's death, the Sam/Lindsay/Bo/Nora quad, Colin MacIver, and much, much more. JFP's OLTL was the last time the show rocked IMO!

• Members

It was FAR better. There was real drama, meaty story, and multiple reasons to tune in every day. AND she used actors like Bob Woods and Hillary B Smith, who had been backburnered for YEARS!

I still don't get Strasser's beef. Mel needed to die. Dorian is at her best when she's dark and angry. Plus, when Jessica caused the accident that killed Blair's baby..... YOWZAS! Seriously, JFP gave Dorian PLENTY to do. Strasser was just pissed that they killed off Mel, which IMO, was in the best interest of the Dorian character.

• Members
And don't forget that Robin admitted during one of her hotlines that she LIED about Jill to the press. Robin publically apologized to Jill for lying about her.

To stay on topic, I think that Jill is doing fine at Y&R and is a good fit. The only eerie thing (and no one could have predicted this when the scripts were written) is this week's storyline with Kay in the hospital, knowing what happened with the beloved Jeanne Cooper.

• Members

I'm pretty sure that the FOJ thing started when she had just joined the show and met all the actors. HBS met her and was complaining about her lack of airtime and storyline and JFP said (and I quote) "I'm gonna be your new best friend!"

And HBS was frontburner for Jill's ENTIRE STINT. Say what you will about Jill, but she was featuring ALL the right characters during her tenure, and, dare I say, it was the last time OLTL featured most of those actors the way they were (Woods, HBS, James DePaiva, Pat Elliott, Phil Carey, Cat Hickland, to name a few).

See, the difference between me and most of the OLTL fans is I liked the Rappaports because I understood what they were- characters that were brought in to give story to the "A" listers and they did just that. The adults were played by seasoned vets (Kale Browne, Cat Hickland) and I found the actors that played Will and Jenn appealing enough (FAR more appealing than JPL and Farrah Fath) so I just don't get all the hate for this period.

As I've often said, JFP's tenure was the last time I was truly addicted to OLTL.

It was DEFINITELY Higley and certainly not JFP. I doubt HBS was ever as happy as she was under JFP, considering she was nothing but back to wallpaper after Jill left.

Archived