MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Uttica just didn't get it. But those defending her saying others have used fat jokes don't get it either.

It has to be FUNNY and delivered tongue in cheek

Uttica just came across as mean.

Anyway, she's gone

Symone should have killed it but she floundered.

Olivia will be next and that means Kandy is top 4.

The judges (again) were creaming themselves over her roast but I don't see it.

Makes me wish there was a round where some of the eliminated get one more chance to get back in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Maybe I'm just getting too old but, while I loved the chorus of Lucky, I couldn't understand 40% of the words in the verses the girls wrote.  I feel like what made Read U Wrote U a cultural phenomenon was the ability to sing along, now with the sound mixing, and lack of closeups when they perform, it is impossible to decipher what the heck they are talking about.

Also, why is it that every time they're given a challenge to write lyrics, they always focus on the topic of winning the crown, rather than other humorous takes on the theme of the chorus?  From what I could understand only Rose actually included the concept of being lucky in her writing.

• Members

I think this might be my least favorite season ever. It is too long, the cast doesn't have chemistry, the judging choices (keeping Kandy) are contrived. I cannot wait for this to be over! I can't believe we still have I think two weeks. I'm beyond ready for the next All Stars. 

• Members

I totally agree. The season is forced and overproduced. TBH I feel like RPDR has been trending this way for several seasons, although COVID may have exacerbated this particular season’s issues. Usually the charisma (and uniqueness, etc.) of the queens would save the show, but it’s just not there this year. Even folks I enjoy like Symone would be middling queens in any other season.

• Members

I feel like I would’ve been more invested had Uk not aired at the same time and been such a joyous show. They need to take a page out of the BBC and do a more genuine season that isn’t driven by shocks and producer manipulation to keep it interesting. 

• Members

Agree that this season is fizzling.

Part of that is the familiarity of the format - the challenges where it appears in rehearsal that the whole thing is going to bomb due to a queens inabilty to learn lines/dance steps/carry atune etc- but then it all comes together,

The talk to's - 'I didn't come this far to go home now/I deserve a place in the finals/I love these girls but I'll do what I have to win this challenge etc

Also COVID restrictions have played apart.

This weeks episode was tedious. The song 'Lucky' was awful.I couldn't understand the queen's lyrics and the presentation was basic.

We knew they'd all go through.The lipsynch was just to make sure Got/Rose could be crowned and not have people say they never lip synched.

Gotmik for the win-not only the most stylish/creative but also funny and seems a nice person. And the trans aspect won't hurt.

Kandy is too messy and sloppy.

Symone not confident enough.

Rose too polished and professional - no spark there.