GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching the SN marathon still, I will admit I have come to a grudging semi-appreciation for the Jimmy Lee character - he's a cornpone and kind of dim and thick, but Steve Bond is incredibly hot, and the concept, at least, is good, of a bastard hick son in the Quartermaines' nest. As many here know I still wouldn't advocate bringing Jimmy Lee or Celia back full-time, but I do think he could appear for a short time as part of a story, in order to bring on some grown children of his.

I believe Tracy just informed us last year that Jimmy Lee had no children and Edward disinherited him - something that I got the sense Jimmy Lee would have insisted on, not Edward himself - but if Jimmy Lee is still shunning the Quartermaines then you could easily say that he hid the existence of more heirs from them to raise them away from the Qs. So I think that would be interesting, juxtaposing characters like Dillon or Brook Lynn or the elder Qs with wilder ones like Jimmy Lee's hicks, a la the Frames on Another World.

• Members

Yep! Can't wait for all of those.

Also, Good Morning America is supposed to be doing something all week (according to promos airing during my local news), likely interviews with the cast. Promo mentioned "Luke" "Laura" and Rick (i.e. Rick Springfield). Probably a brief interview segment all week with a member(s) of the cast. I'm sure Kelly Monaco will be on. She was just on two weeks ago or so to discuss the current Dancing with the Stars. She quickly pushed to promote GH's anniversary before they were rushed and cut off.

Amazing banners SoapBoy!! I really like the second one.

• Members

Alexandria... :wub: so much love for her. I can't believe she only lasted less than a year! I want to see her make a return as the lost Quartermaine heir. Screw Franco's spawn

Did she ever interact with Tracy? I'm guessing she came on after JE left as she kinda seems like a Tracy replacement in terms of her relationships with Alan, Monica and Edward. Ed seemed more friendly with her though and I could see Tracy being insanely jealous of her

• Members

Serial Drama's newest column is good, I love what they said about Liz

ELIZABETH WEBBER: Remember when Elizabeth came to Port Charles and was the bad girl? All attitude and plots to humiliate her sister with planted condoms? Adorable!

In the years since, Elizabeth has turned into a wonderful daytime heroine and someone who could have been--and should have been--the show's leading lady during the dark, dark days that someone had the misguided notion to make Courtney into a thing. Courtney! Liz has been a part of some truly iconic daytime stories and has been half of some insanely popular romances: people are still debating whether she's meant to be with Lucky or Jason and there is still a vocal chorus reminiscing fondly about her relationship with Ric, too. Pretty impressive for someone who has spent an unfortunate amount of time on the backburner reacting to other people's goings on with some fantastic facial expressions (her bitchy faces alone earned her this spot on this list, really. It's just gravy that she's also awesome).

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2013/04/celebrating-gh-our-favorite-characters.html

Celebrating GH: Our Favorite Characters

• Members

They're spot-on about that. I'll never understand why they never elevated her to full-on heroine status of the show after Brenda "died" and Robin left because she had everything going for her (the fans, the charisma, the backstory, the legacy connections, the pairings) to succeed those two. I'd thought it then and yesterday's late 90s portion of the marathon reminded me (all the more reason why I hate showkiller Guza for demolishing that character - especially to prop sorry-ass characters like Kung-Fu Skipper).

Archived