OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not particularly troubled for OLTL in this equation. I think Roger and Todd will be back soon enough, if he even stays gone. I mean, the old rules we all swore by are pretty much out the window now if he's going to be airing on contract (however long either contract is for) on two soaps simultaneously. My memory and historical research are not as great as others, but every time I've ever heard of something like that happening in the past, it ended in threats of litigation. The last one I can recall is Jensen Buchanan on GH, and IIRC she wasn't even on contract at ATWT at the time.

GH, though - my God.

• Members

I don't believe it's ever been done before. If his contract is that open, who knows what he'll do.

It's not that I never believed RH and ME could put over new roles on GH - I think they're talented and capable of that. Or were. A year ago. But they've spent a year on GH as Todd and John and been offscreen like 3-4 weeks; the character of Todd is now going to be airing back on OLTL again in a high-profile launch a week or two before he also begins appearing on GH, and will continue to air there for at least a while in a high-profile storyline. GH and OLTL have always have a significant shared audience, and probably have even more of one in the wake of the last year, waiting for John and Sam and Todd and Carly, which they won't get, while Todd will be on OLTL. All that is a disaster in the making for GH.

And Kristen - I just feel bad for her.

But honestly, I love GH. I always have, for 20 years. I am enjoying what they're doing, most of it. I think it proved this last month that they don't need them. And this is going to pull focus and wreck everything.

Archived