OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh thank god, I would've passed out! I need until tomorrow for AMC's or a least a few hours.

You guys. THIS PROMO. MY LIFE IS SERIOUSLY OVER. To be honest though, the lighting doesn't look that different. The sets look deeper though. And is that one diner back? I forgot it's name, it was before the Buenos Dias.

GROUP HUG. INCONSOLABLE ALERT.

• Members

The lighting looks better to me. Something's more vibrant about it, less cheap. Frank used a lot of hot colors to mask ABC's low budget for OLTL, and he did it well, but he didn't do it the same way.

I had previously thought Shelter was not much bigger than UV or Capricorn. I was wrong. It looks great in motion.

Cutter and Natalie. Yes, please.

Bo and Nora getting a naked floor sex scene was a big deal, and very important to me. Not because I want to see them rut, but because it acknowledges older people as human, sexual beings - something ABCD had such trouble with. OLTL had less trouble than some soaps, and to their credit, FV and RC did often show Bo and Nora intimate, including one nude-in-bed afterglow sequence which was great - something no other show dared do at that time - but this is something different, more raw, more real. And it would never have been done on ABC.

Robert Gorrie is a dish. Laura Harrier looks like a trip. Corbin Bleu speaks for himself. Matthew and Danielle is a nice victory. That glance between Todd and Blair was fantastic. The whole thing was amazing, I just can't stop crying.

Oh. Yeah, totally Trevor! Wow! They're getting right back to it. Get it, girl.

Archived