AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

Same.

Well. At least we know now for sure, right? I am truly disappointed for all those who enjoyed the 40 or so episodes and now won't get to see "what happens next." But at least someone tried.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bottom Line Re: @Prospectpk, @AllMyChildren & @OneLifeToLive for me is that PP did give its all. They didnt give up after the first set back. They raised 25 Million. They got a studio, writers, producers, actors. They even worked out new media contracts with the unions. That right there is a new frontier.

From all accounts from the actors while they filmed, PP treated them like royality. PP put money into new sets, HD, catering. The casts had nice dressing rooms. PP put the actors up at an hotel. Most said it felt like they were back in college. Other actors said being on set felt like he shows were a repeatory company.

Ok so PP doesnt have the best PR department and some were upset about the lawsuit. However I would have also sued ABC too. PP bought all things OLTL & AMC & ABC was playing hardball, not cool.

As I said before I feel if PP had started the shows off seasonal and then increased if they proved to be money makers then future seasons may have occured easier.

Bottom line, TV & film is all about the money. Yes both AMC & OLTL were highly watched on Hulu and I Tunes but maybe not enough eyeballs to make the profits they needed. Also ad space on the net costs less than on TV so they didnt make enough money there as they would have if it wa son TV

Once again PP, thanks for the efforts. The cast & crew were awesome. Thank you for this year, it was great to visit Pine Valley & Llanview again.
#AMC #OLTL #PP

• Members

I have a feeling the following will happen:

1) The lawsuit between PP and ABC will be dropped (quietly).

2) PP will allow ABC to reclaim all rights to AMC and OLTL (in exchange for cash, perhaps?).

3) Frank and Ron will feel free to incorporate more parts of AMC and OLTL's histories into GH as they see fit.

• Members

Someone brought up an interesting point on another board. If the rights revert back to ABC they may not be able to use PP's storylines. They used Golden Girls as an example. NBC cancelled the show. CBS bought the rights and did the spin-off Golden Palace. CBS cancelled that show and the rights went back to NBC. NBC wanted to do a retrospective of the show including the spin-off but CBS wouldn't allow them to use the episodes they produced.

I wonder if the same thing could happen here. ABC gets the rights back but wouldn't be able to use any of PP's stuff. So they would either have to pick up from the characters left off on GH or ignore that and pick up from the ABC finale. AMC wouldn't have that dilemma.

Archived