AMC: Hubbard story

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Destiny's biological mother is dead. Her bio father killed her and disposed of the body. Of course that means nothing in soap.I always wished Destiny's biological family was the Halls or Grays. I thought OLTL was setting up a potential story with Destiny and Deanna being sisters.

• Members

LOL These shows are back to back with filming in the same studiio. I could see them devoting the hour to a single storyline with characters from both shows. I just think it's likely there will be crossovers. Along those lines, there might be a familial connection between the shows.

• Members

ITA, I don't want them to cross over and you have a great point about fanfic with RC.

I also have mixed feelings about the concept of Taken coming to daytime; it is icky in general and could be exploitative depending on how it's written. On the other hand, it's great that Jesse will have a major story out of the gate showcasing his skills as a detective. I just hope this is Cassandra rather than Natalia since she's younger and I'd like to think Natalia as a cop could save herself instead of having her father come to her rescue.

• Members

Technically it isn't daytime anymore, it's "anytime." These shows will have to compete with every other soap on Hulu and iTunes. That means Revenge, Deception and a bunch of others. They're going to have to be competitive. That's another reason crossovers are a bad idea. We're no longer in the place where AMC is immediately followed by an episode of OLTL. You can watch an episode of AMC then the entire series run of Battlestar Galactica and check in with OLTL a week later. Or not.

I agree with hoping that this isn't Natalia. If it's Cassandra, that has the added dramatic component of the fact that Cassandra is Angie's daughter and didn't really have much affection for Jesse. There's genuine character-based emotional tension there. Of course bringing in Natalia to help her dad and Zach find her little "sister" would be even better but now I'm just being greedy.

• Members

After all the times you said you wouldn't watch, you now no longer are allowed to. Sorry :P

I doubt Maya's back... I dunno, I say, and hope, that the only way Natalia--who has ALWAYS been shown as one of the strongest and most competent women and cops on the show, would be caught into sex trafficking was some truly horrible undercover assignment gone wrong. I can't imagine buying it any other way. Ooh or maybe on their honeymoon Brott turned out to be really evil and sold her off to pay off a war debt (I'm kidding, in case anyone jumps on me). Or maybe Jesse can play Jacob too who has turned out to be an evil sex trafficker willing to sell his own daughter... (Yes, I'm kidding again--I hope).

On the other hand I thought Cassandra did go to Paris to model (but I may just think that since the actress is a model) and in her brief stint she ws shown as very naive.

Archived