AMC: Hubbard story

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do I feel like the character in question could be Natalia? Shannon Kane never outright said she wasn't doing it, I think she's retweeted things about it a few times on Twitter. And she lives in NYC. I could be wrong but you never know.

EDIT: Look what I just found!

Shannon Kane@ShannonKane86

Call All My Children up and close a deeeaaaaaal

• Members

If the filming schedule allows for flexible schedules for other projects, I think most of them would be open to it at least, especially if they're based on the East Coast.

Angela, does it sounds like the character in question could be Natalia? Is anything said about her personality or relationship to Jesse?

• Members

For me, the "deal breaker" on that spoiled story will be about how the woman in question is written. If she's smart and strong and fighting back, it could be interesting. If they make her a typical soap damsel, it will be...unfortunate.

ETA: Dear Lawd, don't even tease me with the thought of seeing my beloved Shannon Kane/Natalia again. And in a real story? *faints*

• Members

My three soap goddesses of the last few years are Amanda Setton, Shannon Kane and Shenaz Treasury. And now I might see two of the three of them again? You may faint but I definitely will. Honorary mention to Melissa Claire Egan. Goddamn, was she fantastic. She just wasn't really 'on' the show by the end so I didn't include her.

• Members

I'm not familiar with Setton's or Treasury's work although I do remember seeing the excitement around both actresses and their characters. But you and I are likethis when it comes to SK and Missy Claire.

True but this is the chance to break that bad habit. These reboots are the opportunity to learn from mistakes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Members

What I enjoyed most about AMC until McTavish's last exit is the show was always so filled with all different level of bitches. I don't mean bitches with a bad connotation. I loved it. Soaps by nature were built more for a female audience and I loved that the females on this show were mostly shown as fierce beasts.

• Members

Ew.

Forget the race issue for a minute (which most people love to do even though it's absolutely significant but I won't even get into that right now), if this is true then we're still basing stories on the sexualization of young women. Actual young women, their (alleged) target demo, don't want to see this. Gay men don't want to see this (we (well, I do) like our women strong). Hell, normal straight guys don't want to see this!

It's really maddening. You can write stories without dehumanizing women. If this is what we're getting what is the point off watching? This isn't progressive at all.

I really REALLY hope these sides are just to gauge the actors ability to play various emotions and not their intention with the storylines.

Archived