AMC: Hubbard story

• Members

Thank you to marceline for starting this thread. I moved nearly 3 pages of posts from the DTS thread to this thread. Feel free to edit and remove spoiler tags in here.

Scripts are up for Uri and Vlad. This is probably going into spoiler territory as these scripts have an episode number (1006).

Jesse and Zach are working together to find someone close to Jesse. She is named "Regina" which I'd assume is code name for a Hubbard family member. Uri and Vlad clearly want to sell "Regina" into prostitution. She's tied to a bed, has ripped clothes and they're trying to get her hooked on drugs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They can't possibly both have

at the same time!

One story I can handle and wait to judge the execution. Two at once is a bit much from the same company. Sure, it's a story as old as the hills with damsels in distress

or whoever, but it just sends a poor message. I hope we're extrapolating all this wrong.

• Members

I did flash back to 1997 or was it 1998 and the

storyline upon reading this.

I think referring to white characters who had the same storyline is pretty close to spoiling, so lets try to use brackets unless we take it to the spoiler forum. Unlike previous scripts, the Vlad and Uri scrips have an actual script number so it will likely be airing online.

I don't think AMC's storyline is racist. It's a story soaps would use for a white character and have. I won't comment on OLTL's. It's different writers.

• Members

Well both shows were going to do ripped from the headlines type of stories... sadly, a sugardaddy.com website is more realistic then we'd like to believe.

I'm doing a wait and see type of thing before making judgements... but I do think having both shows online will work to their advantage. I still think the cyber bullying storyline that OLTL did would have gone a different way if online as opposed to on ABC.

Archived