Pope set to resign / New Pope elected

Cheap21

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes! I never, ever do that. I would say I still attend mass about once a month. Mostly for the sake of my mother, LOL. I know, I know. I'm grown and all that, but I still like to make the woman happy! She's not dead-set on me being "Catholic" but has always wanted all of her children to have a relationship with God, and still emphasizes that, no matter how damn old we get! Ha! But I refuse to just be a Christmas and Easter Catholic. Until about, I don't know, 5 years ago, I was an every-week (mostly) church goer and I know how annoying that can be, so no matter how much I distance myself I won't do that, LOL

• Members

Memom's friend who is a pastor said many times that the church (She was being general as we are protestant. Please don't shoot) is great at "swapping" members and to a less extent reeling in members for holidays BUT is horrible at bringing in new members I think the way they need to bring in new members and to reach out to the 2wice a year type is to modernize to an extent. We are not going to reverse Roe Vs. Wade. That would be Prohibition 2.0 because Abortion is such "Dinner Table Conversation" (at least it isn't closeted). But Homosexuality is something the church needs to get over. Gay's have been around for ever. Some believe that "Somewhere down the line brothers and sisters did it and that incest caused gay people". I really wanted to tell someone that "According to the bible that is how the human species infested this planet!" Don't get me wrong. I am a christian just not your holly-roller. I have always been a "What ever floats your boat is fine with me" type of person. If someone asks if I would smoke a joint I would say "Naw! I am good. I don't feel like going to prison.....But you go ahead!" If that person is harming himself/herself or someone else I will take action. Especially if that person is putting someone else life/future in jeopardy.

How to !@#$%^&*] did I get off topic?

Anyway. All the Holy-Roller stuff I see on Facebook rages me because I DO NOT believe my religion is the right one! I think whoever you believe in you will go too. There are religions older than Christianity and newer. They need to stop being so "Cheery". Back in the day it was mainly Hellfire/brimstone and now it is All Love. I think churches need to incorporate the "Wrath of God" a little bit more into the sermon to balance everything out.

BTW. Who finds this guy:

osteen_final_rect.jpg

Scary! I can't watch him because he reminds me of:

poltergeist2theotherside2.jpgHe is the Root of my fear!! I was scared of him all my life.

• 1 year later...

Archived