GH: TV Guide interview with Kin Shriner

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. I'm glad he has happy memories of his time with the show and that he's still so close to everyone. It's nice that he won't need to go on a misery tour, like many of his co-stars.

unsure.png I can't say I...ever cared about that rivalry.

She was right. Calling a 40 year old man Scotty, especially one who had been DA and was supposed to be a well known citizen, is a little too precious.

• Members

On ATWT, people who were closest to Tom sometimes called him "Tommy" affectionately, but he went by Tom.

If Scott were still supposed to be a goof I could get it more but by this time he was supposed to be very respectable.

I probably prefer Scott as a little goofier and less of the mature man (or less of the blustering buffoon of recent years), but if I were a new producer and I saw a rich, well-established, middle-aged character going by a nickname he had when he was 10 years old, I would likely question it too.

• Members

I never understood why people were calling a very grown man "Scotty". I understand why Laura still does given their history, and I think it's a very sweet affectation for her character, but beyond that, no. Except, of course, when characters who don't like him are trying to mock him - that's understandable.

Cocaine.

• Members

I disagree there as someone with a Y at the end of their name. When you are a kid you are Scotty, you reach your 20s and you think you are too old for that and become Scott. Then after a while you realize it is ridiculous that you are too old for your name and you go back to being Scotty. Add in that the people who knew you as Scotty will think of you as Scotty even when you are 80. James Stewart was "Jimmy" til the day he died and there are more examples: Jimmy Cagney, Jimmy Durant, Scotty Pippin, Donny Osmond, Wally Kurth (Has anyone ever called him Wallace?), Benny Goodman, Kenny Rogers, Tommy Lasorda, and on and on.

Archived