GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Just because someone is an alcoholic, doesn't mean they wont take a drink any now and then. Luke isn't the type of person to care and seems like something he would do anyway. Now had that been AJ, Id be a bit more alarmed, but its Luke and I really don't think he cares or values that as tightly

• Members

This is part of the problem. Carlivati had Luke expressing remorse for killing Jake. Before then, other than some melodrama pity parties, Luke didn't seem all that bothered. I have to wonder if Geary doesn't feel like Luke did anything wrong and is going to keep doing what he wants to do.

It's certainly realistic for an alcoholic to keep drinking sometimes. It's also realistic for a man to repeatedly cheat on his wife, and not care, to abandon his children, and so forth. But I have no idea why viewers are supposed to root for this character. I think that's one of the reasons Laura's return has been so flat. Much of it is about nostalgia with a gnarled husk of a leading man.

• Members

Luke is GH's Norm Petersen (drinking is a sport where both hold Olympic gold)! What would bug me about this whole thing if I cared is not Luke taking a drink, but the others, WHO WERE IN ON THE INTERVENTION either saying nothing or being complicit. When Carly was trying to get dirt on Johnny, she agreed to give Luke an open bar at the hotel, and IIRC, she was front and center at the intervention. That bugs me more than Luke actually taking a drink. But anything for the plot, I guess!

Archived