GH: veteran actress returns

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I barely watched the last decade, so that's prob why, but I could never make heads or tails of what happened to Laura. She went crazy and then into a coma or something, due to killing someone?? And then came to and decided to get more treatment in Paris where Scotty followed her? Is that the gist? lol

• Members

Laura recovered from her catatonia, was abducted by Scott (who had killed the nurse Laura thought she'd killed all those years ago, and wanted to win back her love - I know) but turned him down. She reunited with Luke (back in PC, not as a couple) and tore into him for lying to her about being free when he'd been married to Tracy. They came to terms and she decided she would go to Paris to keep getting treated as an outpatient for the remnants of her disorder, and live her own life. While Laura was flying off, we saw that Scott had also surreptitiously boarded the flight and was watching her. That was it. They left it open.

As returns go, they'd done much worse with her in years past. I thought she had a lot more dignity and spine last time. She gave Luke and Tracy the business with class, even as the dialogue writers kept shoveling [!@#$%^&*] into the characters' mouths about how much cooler and real Luke/Tracy were than L&L ever could be.

As for the original exit story in 2002 with Scott and Rick Webber and the dead nurse, oy. I'll let someone else handle that.

Archived