No More Twinkies

reallyhateskateonlost

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

John Travolta is gonna be so upset... oh wait... nah, still applies.

*and that's my Golden Girls inspired joke for this Saturday evening*

LOL, I totally forgot how Wendy Williams was trying to save the Twinkie earlier this year.

• Members

I have never eaten a pink snowball. I know that I hate untoasted coconut... so I never bothered. They never even looked appetizing. I would usually eat twinkies like twice a year. But like I said, those cinnamon coffee cakes were pretty good for stuff like that. But Hostess stuff is easily outdone by other brands. Little Debbie's donut sticks, I don't even know if thye make them anymore, but I used to get Bama mini pecan pies. I've never eaten a Suzy Q, ever. Zingers i've had. Ok... but keep in mind, I was a kid raised on scratch cakes, so anything of that nature is inferior and only eaten for the convenience factor. Even grocery store cakes are pretty much dire in my world. One pacakged cake that is TRULY good in Nemo's orange creme cakes, it looks like a miniature bundt cake, those are shockingly good ( I think because they use tons of vanilla and actual Orange zest) Most commercial cakes I can't abide because of the icing, that horrible commercial icing that is basically whipped crisco with sugar and vanilla (think betty crocker icing in a can)

• Members

It's funny, because I'm usually not a fan of pie crust, but I think the crust is what I appreciated the most when it came to those fruit pies. I'm sitting here struggling to remember what other flavors I had besides the blueberry, but it always seemed like there was just way to much filling.

I remember a kid in my first grade class... he wasn't there for the full year. Anyway, he looked like a kid who had lived beyond his six years, and for some reason, I could sense this even at my own young age. We had a lunch cart that we'd put our lunch boxes/bags on,and it was a "privilege" to get picked to push the lunch cart to the All-Purpose room at lunch time. I have never forgotten this kid. While we all had fancy cartoon-inspired lunch boxes of the day or perfectly acceptable brown bags, this kid would always place his soda and Hostess fruit pie on the cart, no bag. And that was his lunch. You just knew that he or his parent/guardian had picked that up at the corner market before school, and that's all this poor guy got for nourishment. Funny the things that stick with you.

• Members

Yeah, I checked tonight in my store, and Hostess Ho-ho's for a 10 count package run 3.29$, while Little Debbie's swiss cake rolls go for 1.99$, so we see the REAL problem with hostess products. Of course, My a-hole of a brother in law posted some republican diatribe on my facebook wall after I posted the article showing that the CEO had TRIPLED his salary, and 9 other executives doubled theirs just recently. He made the case that it is a much greater total sum of money that the unions concessions would have garnered than the money the execs got in raises. And that is TRUE... but I told his condescending azz that you are not just dealing with facts and figures, but with human beings, and is it really moral and just for a company's management to ask their workers to tighten their belts to save the company, when they won't tighten their OWN belts to save THEMSELVES? I'm sure his head is exploding as we speak. :)

Archived