GH: Actor out?????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty much every story or idea tied to OLTL characters hasn't worked. Nothing McBain, Todd, Starr, Blair, or Tea has done has helped ratings has it. It's been the GH stuff with AJ and I guess Duke and Anna, nor has anything tied to these redo of OLTL stories or characters worked. I'm not watching GH anymore, but it seems clear what things have actually helped the show gain and it hasn't been Starr has it?i have always felt for years the Quartermaines were the glue that held this show together, not the overrated Spencer's, and to me while the plots might be ridiculous, that's been proven. It's a shame Michael is such a dud of a character now.

• Members

Perhaps. But I hope GH doesn't think it can whitewash or eliminate altogether Todd's turbulent history with some hot-and-heavy affair with Carly that never would have happened with any woman on the other show. GH and OLTL might be separate shows, but Todd Manning is the same sociopathic s.o.b. on both.

• Members

I'm not discounting Todd may have worked better than the other 2 but where is the tangible evidence other than folks online saying it. Aren't McBain and Sam talked about and to me they are or were more coma inducing than Jason and Sam. The addition of these 3 didn't help ratings, it was the vet returns and the more resent resurgence of the Quartemaines from what I have read.

• Members

In terms of ratings, I don't think Howarth has ever been a draw. Even the 2011 hype over his OLTL return faded after a short time. In terms of buzz, I think he's had quite a bit, although I only go to a few boards. A few months ago I didn't think people were that interested in Todd and Carly, but lately they seem to be. I hear less and less talk about John - almost none lately. Starr, what we hear is not exactly nice.

• Members

But that's my point online buzz. I've seen more excitement about GH in years over AJs return than anything else and that has actually translated into something measurable, ratings. If Todd or RH wasn't brought onto improve ratings I'm not sure what the point was. Yes GHs 40ish leading men are and we're stale and lazy as heck and I guess he improved that but at the end of the day, what does it mean. It probably not fair for me to say much as I admittedly haven't really watched much at all, so maybe I'm missing the improvements his presence has added to the show.

• Members

When Todd is not with Carly, it is so evident that he has no place on this show. They wiggled him into the virus story, and it was foolish how they did it. I'm a huge Tarly fan, so Todd works for me in that respect, but FRon need to be cautious with Todd. When he dominates the show, the ratings dip. I'm almost positive he will be the lucky recipient of the Q mansion to give him a purpose in this story as opposed to Todd just being Carly's love interest.

• Members

The fact of the matter is that Frank made an unwise decision in firing EV (that is, unless they plan on recasting. If so, then I take back what I've said, depending on whether a recast Trey actually works) instead of utilizing him beyond being the latest thorn in Sonny's side.

Not only did he have far more potential with Starr than he ever had with Krustina (while providing Starr a much-needed escape from Eeyore), he and Tracy (the only two people that liked Joe, Jr.) could've bonded over the loss of his father.

I hope this doesn't mark the continuation of a trend that tainted Cartini's tenure on OLTL (firing likable actors/getting rid of likable characters while keeping shitty actors/horrendous characters).

Archived