DAYS: November Sweeps Promo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd take MarDar as well. They had the bringing back of all the vets for sweeps for the HTS, they had the John story/arrest and Johnny's disappearance. They brought back Jack and had his PTSD. For Feb sweeps they had Will going bad, which I miss and hate that Tomlin killed that story for that character.

Tomlin's come in and killed Jack, fired half the vets, plastered his fav Gabi, Rafe and Daniel on everyday. He's 100x worse.

Only good has been Kristen's return which was Sony's doing.

• Members

that was awful, esp given the nov really aint that bad. theres a lot that happens, and some interesting stuff, but the promo just is boring. you can tell the promotion budget took a hit when you compare it to the promos of novembers past. its usually their best promo of the year.

the show is still much better than it ever was under M&D though.

• Members

Will had stopped being bad long before Tomlin came back. He spent the last months of MarDar's tenure making goo goo eyes at EJ and smirking at shadows.

The other stories had also been dropped and the returns were all horribly done.

• Members

I don't understand this whole MarDar vs Tomlin and Whitesell thing. They are both awful headwriting teams and we shouldn't have to settle for either one of them. This show has been a mess ever since Brash and Cwikly were fired and that was almost 10 years ago.

• Members

MarDar were selling themselves more than the story, which always gets a big fan positive reaction. It was always anyone else's fault, and they had these amazing ideas (like Will destroying kitchens and becoming a rageaholic for little apparent reason) which were going to be the best ever, if only they'd had a chance. Poor them.

• Members

IA, Sindacco. In fact, this echoes my thoughts on the whole "Guza vs. Carlivati" debaclte over at GH. Saying one awful HW'ing regime is (marginally) better than another, equally awful regime is meaningless, IMO. I'm not settling for MarDar or for Tomsell. I'm settling for a HW who knows what the heck he/she is doing, and a network and production company with the wisdom to get the hell out of the way.

• Members

I thought it would have been interesting if he hadn't done the same stuff over and over. I just didn't care about why he loved EJ or why he would give everything for EJ. A relationship that is mostly based on fanfic without any motivation is something that has a short shelf life.

Sadly, Saved by the Bell stories were more character-based and believable than anything Will's had on DAYS since about 2009.

• Members

My main beef with MarDar was they had all the IDEAS for great situations that had potential to turn into great stories...and then they were either wrapped up in 2 weeks, or completely passed by altogether. I'll never forget the first month and a half of MarDar, where John was arrested, and then absolutely NOTHING happened for WEEKS. It was simply the promise of something happening.

Eventually, you just stop caring.

Unfortunately, TomSell are just not doing anything with any "WOW!" to it. I'd love to see a story where Rafe's incredibly underexplored backstory is brought up (mainly his parents, his childhood, etc.), which would get him OUT of his neverending circling of the drain that is Sami. Have Autumn come to Salem for Lucas and mix it up with Kate. Introduce some new freakin' characters that have some actual meat to their histories so they have something to hook us with. Give Maxine a family, dammit! SOMETHING new to push this show forward.

Archived