K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Ahhh Luhan's hair!

If I was thinking about getting a short cut for myself (as a female), I would def show my hairstylist this picture:

tumblr_inline_n5mhbeU0Jg1qjktxd.jpg

On Luhan, though, I think this hair works well and makes him look a little less "pretty-pretty."

download_zps7c4718f4.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG. They were babies! First of all, I really like the song. Secondly, I now truly get the JunHyung love. He's like a mini Taeyang. SO hot with his dark punky hair. Yoseob all blonde! And Dongwoon with his pageboy. LOL.

In other news, Kris is busy filming a Chinese movie in Prague. It's apparently official:

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/13491180.html

Official movie shot:

Bq2wbg1CEAIm8T0.jpg

Kris/Wu Yi Fan updates his Weibo (Chinese twitter) with the news:

Bq2N-EBCAAEDf8U.jpg

"#Somewhere only we know# There's a director that only we know, a place with dreams and stories, do you want to know? Let us fly together!" (trans: userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=116.5goldenrayss)

Some Suho pics:

tumblr_n7hnziDXBK1s3rw9no1_500.png

tumblr_n7miwkGHP31qlw8aao1_500.gif

tumblr_n61kym9nSc1tsx8qqo1_250.giftumblr_n61kym9nSc1tsx8qqo3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n61kym9nSc1tsx8qqo5_r1_250.giftumblr_n61kym9nSc1tsx8qqo6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mn6457ks1r1rth5wpo4_250.gif

And here is Tao (accidentally) bopping Baekhyun in the face:

tumblr_mzuyz7mdvN1s0rhu3o2_250.gif

3468_original.gif

• Members

Sorry, I promise not to spam this thread too much, but here is video of Taeyang at Wonder Live singing 14AM, Body and Love You to Death. He also takes a few fan questions. I love his easy interaction with them:

By the way, there is an unsubstantiated rumor out there that Taeyang and CL are an item?! #Ohpleasegodletthisbetrue!!!

http://www.kpopmoon.net/2014/03/rumor-cl-cheek-kiss-and-back-hug-with.html

But I think judging by these photos they are prob just good friends. ;)

BTW, I never knew this but apparently CL spent part of her youth living in Japan, and it is at school there (probably international school) where she learnt to speak English.

• Members
I keep waiting for Suho to get a late growth spurt, but it never happens....lol

its always weird looking at pre-debut pics. Them Korean entertainment companies sure work their magic.

The hair is super cute and IM sure you'd rock it well

I knew you'd post the Kris news! That seems rather fast. Good luck to him and I hope his new ventures work out well in his favor. I love the fake tatts on Suho

I love watching Taeyang perform. He truly is amazing. I read he was one of the more shy members of the group but I never get that impression from him bc he seems so comfortable around others

Funny bc I read a rumor over the weekend that CL was dating Jay Park. LMAO, these men would be lucky to be linked up with her. Yep, she spent alot of time outside of Korea. I believe she also speaks French.

Beast

tumblr_n7qqo2x4sE1scti4vo2_250.gif

Im really digging that hair color

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Isn't that TOP from Big Bang, not Beast? Rowwwwwl. Bite that finger, boy. I heard he's one of the members of Big Bang who refuses to take his top off. Like, it's now a stipulation in his contract.

Looking at the Exo kiddie pictures, I was surprised at how much the members still look like "themselves" because KPop is rife with mega amounts of plastic surgery. Like they were all sweet-looking kids. It was clear Luhan would grow up to be pretty!

I think SM has been very judicious with PS, tbh. Obviously everybody got their teeth fixed (hey there Kris). There are a couple of extremely subtle nose jobs (SEHUN, Suho, possibly Kris, possibly Tao). Luhan and Chen may have had work on their chins. But D.O. looks identical to how he looks now. So does Chanyeol and Xiumin. They kept them looking more or less the same. Job well done!

BTW, have you seen this? lol:

CL speaks French?! As if my love for her could grow no further. The baddest bitch wows me at every turn!

Taeyang part 2 Wonder Live:

• Members

Thats Dujun of Beast!

Dujun

2iuz0q8.jpg

T.O.P

lfg2tTt.jpg?1

LOL

Speaking of plastic surgery, have you seen Bom, pre-knife?

Park-Bom-Plastic-Surgery.jpg

No I have not...lol

tumblr_n7roe3uteI1t1ysd1o1_500.png

tumblr_n7roe3uteI1t1ysd1o2_500.png

tumblr_n7roe3uteI1t1ysd1o3_500.png

tumblr_n7roe3uteI1t1ysd1o4_500.png

tumblr_n7roe3uteI1t1ysd1o5_500.png

Multiple Sehun looks courtest Tumblr.

BTW, when the hell did Xiumin grow up? I swear like last week he was a boy but today he's looking like a man.

tumblr_n7so96vRGj1rt6zkmo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n7sonpY9D91saljgho1_500.jpg
He looks so much older than he did just a couple of weeks ago during the Overdose promotions

biggrin.png

• Members

OMG! lol

But you can see how I thought Dujun was T.O.P.:

lfg2tTt.jpg?1tumblr_n7qqo2x4sE1scti4vo2_250.gif

I think they look alike in these shots.

Does Dujun usually wear glasses offstage? I watched part of the Beast Showtime first episode and hyung Dujun was in specs driving around Seoul looking for the other Beast members.

Bom pre-knife... she looks so different. She must have felt very self-conscious about herself to have plastic surgery. I think she looks better now but it is kind of obvious surgery. I also think the wigs and make-up really change her appearance drastically so maybe she hasn't had as much work done as we think (except the nose, and some botox and fillers).

The Many Hairstyles of Sehun... jeez, his locks must be fried by now. I loved his recent slicked back brown hair and his latest naturally-floppy hair too. His blonde era late last year was also hot. Not crazy about the rainbow hair.

Xiumin is SO overshadowed in EXO, it is not even funny. It's because he is little and quiet and used to look like a hamster, but he is quietly coming into his own.

• Members

EXO K performed Overdose on Music Bank yesterday.

http://dai.ly/x20dh3e

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x20dh3e" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20dh3e_1080p-140627-exo-k-full-cut-backstage-interview-%EC%A4%91%EB%8F%85-overdose-by%EB%8A%98%EB%B4%84_creation" target="_blank">1080p 140627 EXO-K Full Cut Backstage Interview...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/namja124" target="_blank">namja124</a></i>

(ugh, I wish I could imbed this)

Obviously still lip-syncing these "live" performances, but I gotta say, as 'controversial' as Baekhyun has been, he gave it 110% in his lip-syncing! And D.O. giving me feels? How is this possible, Squishy?

One thing I will be glad to see the back of after this Overdose promotions (apart from a return to sanity for me) is Kai's hair. I miss the dark.

• Members

That shot of him in the pink sweater, where he is being groped by those women. His legs! UNFFFFFFFFF.

Even at 5'3, he could still get it.

YRBB, you should watch the Wonder Live videos posted on this page and FF to the parts where he takes questions from the audience (with CC captioning, unless you understand Korean). You will fall in love with him more. He has swagger but he is very sweet and self-deprecating with his audience. And, of course, singing, walking, talking, in motion.... :wub:

• Members

Oh, I was thinking the same thing about that pink sweater/legs photo. Just, woof! And, although I don't generally like stuff like that, you don't easily see a man wearing a pink suit so well.

Agreed about the height! One of the very few exceptions. lol

And I shall watch them!

• Members

^^ He fills out a suit well. Everywhere.

Cheap, I don't know if you heard but on yesterday's Music Core countdown, Beast whipped ASS and literally got a flawless record score For Good Luck -- the highest score of all time on the show.

http://youtu.be/blaaxvpTZqU

BrM36oACIAACKA0.png

BrM5MRTCEAE5qJq.jpg

And here is CL looking flawless at an AON press conference in Singapore. Her bandmates didn't look so bad either!

BrMpaShCYAAk_3d.jpg

BrMo-7lCUAAZ77S.jpg

BrMs5psCUAED0SQ.jpg

BrMkIIfCYAAR3dN.jpg

BrMjuduCQAEiefC.jpg

BrMmUG-CEAEVGqh.jpg

Edited by Cat

• Members

I dont recall seeing Dujun in glasses before. Maybe Im drawing a blank if he does but he almost always isnt with them

WhenI first found out that that was Bom before surgery, I felt jipped, especially bc I learned she was closer to 30! She looks and comes across more like a teenage girl, or at least very early 20s. The trickery of K-pop entertainment magic....lol

Sehun's hair for Overdose was my favorite as well but I do miss the blonde look in the ones labeled "quiff" and "faded & spike". His look was very generic and forgetable during their debut year but he really grew to be a standout with XOXO

I never found Xiumin to be all that cute but man he's worth a second look in those pics. I was always shocked to learn he was the oldest bc he looks so young but he looks older here which is a good thing

EXO K performed Overdose on Music Bank yesterday.
One thing I will be glad to see the back of after this Overdose promotions (apart from a return to sanity for me) is Kai's hair. I miss the dark.

Funny how they were "done" with the Overdose promotions yet they still appear to be performing all over the place. I guess being done just means they are no longer in the running for competing on the music shows.
Ive always oved Kai's dark hair but he surprisingly rocked the blonde look. Im ready for Suho to go back to being dark. The blonde was good but dark hair is better on him

Little guys can do big things...lol. He can still get it.

tumblr_n7vfgcjTaI1qakktso1_500.jpg

LOL

I just saw that this morning. Didn't realize it was an all time high score. Good for them! Despite being around for so long and newer younger groups coming and getting the spotlight, Im glad to see they are still popular and thriving. Last year things seem to be all about EXO and Beast's Hard to Love, How to Love album and Shadow single seem to be overshadowed (no pun intended!) even though they were amazing. I hope Good Luck earns them more success.

She sure is. I especially love this shot of her with Minzy.
Beast
tumblr_n7vfob0Pg71rhx0dlo2_400.gif
tumblr_n7vfob0Pg71rhx0dlo4_400.gif
tumblr_n7vfob0Pg71rhx0dlo1_400.gif
Look at these two fighting over a mic...lol
Daesung (BIGBANG)
YG released a short MV for his latest Japanese single, Rainy, Rainy. He's about to launch his second solo album there
hXBOI1e.jpg
The special edition comes with flip flops...lol
Taeyang
tumblr_n7urigCTDt1saeecwo1_500.png
Swagger and style
tumblr_n7tnogP6qA1s0mzgro1_500.jpg
Yes

• Members

OK, so I have to ask: would you say that Yoseob is the slightly campy one/fantabulous diva in Beast? Because that's the vibe I got when they were on Inkigayo last week, and from your gifs here (especially the first one). Also, he is the best dresser of the group (not that means anything but...).

On Omonatheydidnt, Beast goes by "Omona's favourite group" because they are so beloved. It's easy to see why. First, their music is very accessible. They all seem like very personable guys. They were rejected by other groups but got a second chance together, so they started off as the plucky underdogs everybody could root for. They are cute. More than anything, they give off a very happy, united vibe. No angst, no signs of over-exhaustion, or of dislike of other members (naming no names, but other groups are not always this harmonious and it shows).

Also: their fanbase is not deeply divided or super-crazy (again, naming no names!). After the Taeyang v Beast v Taeyang thing a week ago, looks like the fans quietly decided to rectify that injustice on this Friday's Music Bank.

I used to think that about certain stars but now it seems so prevalent that I expect it as par for the course. Plus, even before I knew much about Park Bom, I could tell that she had had an enormous amount of surgery for somebody so young. That told me that she was very self-conscious and fragile about her looks, that she must have hated herself when she was younger. I can't fault her with wanting to change her life completely in order to become an idol. It's not a perfect life, but it is a pretty sweet gig.

OMG>>> BREAKING NEWS! :o

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/06/breaking-2ne1s-park-bom-revealed-to-have-attempted-to-smuggle-drugs

http://onehallyu.com/index.php?/topic/81301-breaking-2ne1s-park-bom-revealed-to-have-attempted-to-smuggle-drugs/

BrYHOIsCYAAw5Yq.jpg

Damn, Bom, meth? I know drugs are rife in the music industry (yes, even in squeaky clean K pop!) but I am legit shocked.

Over at OneHallyu, certain posters keep mentioned G Dragon's 2011 drug scandal that got hastily forgotten, and maybe there are some links between Bom and G-D?! They also say that G-D was forgiven his drug scandal because he is a guy and "oppa didn't mean it" (the standard mantra of crazy k-pop fangirls everywhere). But because Bom is a woman, this will be much harder to "forgive" and her career could be greatly harmed. SK has pretty much a no-tolerance attitude to drugs generally.

• Members

Yeah Yoseob would probably be the goofball of the group. He's really come into his own. In the beginning, he was just there to be cute and barely got lines and now he's like the star of the group, carrying them vocally and thrust to the front.

I wanted Beast to win after Taeyang x2 beat them but now Im feeling a bit bad for Taeyang standing there, losing out to them consecutively. They should trade wins...lol

Are you kidding me? When I read this, I was expecting some huge scandal and wonder how she could be some dumb. Then I read on and found out this was from 4 years ago and only now making it public. The case was closed and it was years ago. Im not phased by it. It would be a different story if this was something current. As big a star as she is, its hard to beleive if this was as severe as the press is making it out to be that it wouldnt have been released till now. YG CEO released a statement: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/06/yang-hyun-suk-releases-a-letter-to-fans-and-the-public-offering-an-explanation-on-park-boms-incident-4-years-ago

Junho (from 2PM)

Junho from 2PM is about to make his comeback with the release of his second Japanese mini-album. The look, sound and concept already feels much different from his last year. Out next week and I look forward to it